1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Durant NOT considering Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

We'll see, if this is true Morey already knows and can go after other guys from the start.

2. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

I'm stunned.

3. MistaK

MistaK Member

Nobody knows at this point. KD probably has an idea of what he is going to do and that's about it.

He may or may not come to HOU but IMO it is more likely that he signs here, than at GS. If you were KD and in your prime, would you really consider going to a team that is considered to be historically great to chase rings? Wouldn't that diminish your legacy?

Morey should definitely try to get a meeting. Don't wait for ages to make other moves, but he'd be stupid to not even try. HOU can clearly contend with KD and some additional tweaks to the roster. Also, Harden is here and Beasley is here - both good friends of his; no state income tax, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if, at the very least, HOU got a sit down with KD.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

stein is to cuban, as feigen is to les. that being said, we probably have a 4% chance of landing durant anyways.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, and while Stein is legit most of times, what makes his article "meh" to me, is that first he says "Durant is 100% NOT EVEN CONSIDERING Houston" and than he says "teams like the Rockets have a slim chance"...i mean, they have a chance or not? Eh...

6. rockets13champs

Imo KD staying with russ one more year they will leave together if they will leave. Rockets have to keep 2 max slots open next offseason. Harden can make himself a great case

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Is this true Cyberx?

8. CallMeTheDream

Bunch of malarkey. KD clearly said he doesn't discuss these matters with anyone but his agent and best friend. Must we forget the "report" by stephen a smith saying his "sources" said he was leaning towards the Lakers. KD called him on his bs and that was that. This is just more of the media trying to screw the rockets because they fear we have the upper hand trying to pry KD via his friendship with Harden.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I definitely dont know what "league sources means", but I also think it's funny when certain posters don't hear what they want to hear, they bash the journalist as garbage or biased. If Stein had said the rockets were in play for KD no one would be questioning it. Hilarious

10. conquistador#11

so? we still want him! morey doesn't know the word no. he'll still show up on durant's front porch with a fancy calculator selfie taker.

11. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Of course he's not interested. Rockets should move on.

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

good..don't let the "superstar" blind DM...KD may want to be here but his agency, Roc Nation would prefer him to be on the big market franchises

13. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Even though i highly doubt KD is coming here or leaving OKC, Stein has been known to be wrong.

Also, "League sources say" = Mark Cuban.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He doesn't want to come to a .500 team?

16. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Stein = Dallas.

Stein < Woj

Are you telling me that Harden and Durant are tight, but Durant won't even give Harden's team a meeting in free agency? Doesn't make sense.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this f'n idiot :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Klay Thompson: Most underrated player in the NBA</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/736759946872688640">May 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Delusional Mavs fan with more fabricated BS

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Exactly. The story might be true anyway, but this is Mark Cuban using his foil to discredit the Rockets. Stein practically has an office down the hall from Cuban.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

THIS.

The article also subtly got in a dig on "league tampering rules".

Mark Cuban the competitive slime strikes again. "If I can't have him, the Rockets certainly can't have him."