1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Durant NOT considering Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

Harden has a great relationship with Les, who bends over backwards for Harden. There's no way KD has a bad impression of Les.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Are some of his sources biased? Probably. But he's definitely been accurate about the Rockets numerous times in the past

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=255346&highlight=stein
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=234021&highlight=stein
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=256320&highlight=stein
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=247021&highlight=stein

Durant was never a real possibility, get over it

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he's been right before, but he's been really, really wrong so many times that unless a more legitimate source backs him up, I'll just consider it him trolling.

As always, it's not legitimate until Woj says so.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Stein hates the Rockets. He is basically wishing this doesn't happen.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Color me unsurprised. Hopefully Morey is right & the guys who get maxed will come off the board very quickly so they don't waste time waiting around for nothing.

6. shastarocket

Yes, I'm sure his intent in putting this tweet out at 1:00AM was to troll us.

In fact, he's browsing this exact thread with Calvin Watkins and a tub of popcorn

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Stein in 2 weeks..

"League sources have indicated to ESPN.com that the Mavericks are one of the few teams that will be given a chance to meet with Durant. Other teams being the Thunder, Warriors, Spurs, Lakers and Knicks."

A few days after this... From USAToday or any other refutable source:

"Sources tell USAToday that Kevin Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors and Rockets. Has not considered but may be open to meetings with Lakers, Knicks and other teams afterward but aforementioned teams get first meetings."

Stein an hour later:

"Mavericks among teams vying for a meeting with Kevin Durant. There is a mutual interest from both sides, league sources tell ESPN."

Broussard 5 mins after:

"Multiple sources indicate that Durant is leaning towards leaving OKC. Teams that would interest him: Lakers, Knicks, Warriors and Spurs. Mark Cuban is texting Durant's agent for additional meeting."

"Rockets, I am told through sources, are not getting a meeting from Kevin Durant because he does not want to clash with good friend Harden."

A week after all of this:

"@WOJVerticalNBA Kevin Durant has agreed to return to OKC on a 2 year max contract, with the 2nd year a player option."

"Other teams heavily considered were the Spurs, Rockets and Warriors. Mavericks, Lakers and Knicks were not highly considered at all."

5 people like this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Give him an offer if he takes it he takes it, if he doesn't then he doesn't. Don't waste too much energy on him like they did with Melo.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

IF this is real, then it is good that this is out in the open this soon. Allows us to focus on the secondary market.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....in case you don't realize, it wouldn't be the first time.

11. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

"League Sources Say"

12. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I dont believe the media anymore! Kd to Houston boi!!

13. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Please go research instead of putting stupid comments like this. The Dwight Howard free agency is enough to not buy anything this guy or honestly any of ESPN's rumors.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

But we made the playoffs this year. That was supposed to attract free agents.

15. dwhite

dwhite Member

Stein is telling the truth. I stated this two weeks ago and was mocked. He is not interested in Houston.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol this isn't exactly a secret. anybody with an ounce of common sense knows this.

move on.

17. shastarocket

It's OK man, when you finally let go of your denial you can read my evidence above.

If the biggest knock on Stein is being biased and dependent on sources, boy do I have something to tell you about Woj...

18. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Echoing what's been said here already...no one reasonably expects Durant to leave this year, let alone choose Houston.

But it's fairly obvious Stein has a bias against Houston. I really hate what that implies ("ESPN HATES [insert home team]!!!1"), but Stein is just so transparent for his...well I'm not sure what it is....bitterness for the organization? Disdain for the players? Upset that Howard chose Houston?

His own article basically said Houston's got a slim chance -- as does most every other team.

I hate sports tabloid "journalism'.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nope. Don't believe it.

20. dragonz

dragonz Member

**** off, Chris Broussard.

We don't need you to tell us we have a slim chance to land KD. Most people know that, therefore you don't know anything more than most people. Lol