1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stein: D-Will, Nets working on buyout to sign with Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fonzie_004, Jul 10, 2015.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't know if we'll be any good, I'm scared of next season. But at the very least, we should drive TV announcers mad. Our core players, besides Monta, Stuckey and Mahinmi:

Paul George
    George Hill
    Jordan Hill
    Solomon Hill
    CJ Miles
    Myles Turner

2. spark06

spark06 Member

You obviously didn't watch Jarrett Jack play last season. He ELEVATED his game whenever Deron Williams went down. About 16 ppg and 5 asts as a starter while playing with a TERRIBLE supporting cast. He could easily start for us.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The road looks tough with lots of miles and hills.

1 person likes this.
  4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

they refuse to tank! wont be bad enough fo ra top 7 pick so no pick.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Hopefully we don't fall into a g(e)orge.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No Iso Joe:

[Stein] ESPN sources say Nets are now indeed 'intent" on keeping Joe Johnson. Finding a way to move D-Will, sources say, was their "preferred route" (twitter.com)

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know, I wouldn't be opposed to the Rockets picking up Deron Williams at a reasonable deal. He would definitely give the Rockets another very different look at pg. But I'd be downright THRILLED to watch the Mavs try to compete for a playoff spots fielding a roster of Zaza Pachulia, old and broken down Dirk, Chandler Parsons coming off a serious injury, Wes Matthews coming off a serious injury and washed up Deron Williams.

I know many disagree, but to me there is no shame in tanking as a strategy to improve your team. But if they TRY to get to the playoffs and fail miserably and, hopefully, lose their first round draft pick to Boston in the process? Oh that kind of failure will be even sweeter than watching the Rockets decimate them in the playoffs.

8. malakas

malakas Member

I am going to watch a lot more of Indy this year. I didn't like their style before (no offence :p ) but now I'm looking forward to see what Vogel does. It was a youth movement MUCH needed and it will only result for the best in the long term. You play in the same division as us but I will be rooting for you guys (except ofc against my teams). But I really don't like how Bird has handled the situations lately. He lacks tact.

I did watch him play last season a LOT and he's not a starting caliber pg. Just because he could start for the Rockets who have the worst bar none pg rotation in the whole league doesn't mean that he is a starting caliber pg.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am from NY Area and have been to plenty of Nets game.

Believe me when I say that there is no such thing as a Nets fan.

By the end of the games they are all openly cheering for the opposing team.

Heck, even in the gif above, the guy is wearing a Sixers jersey.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not good Dilliam, not good.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The D-Will Nets era ends as an even bigger disappointment than the Starbury era <a href="http://t.co/id5bJ2I4ts">http://t.co/id5bJ2I4ts</a></p>&mdash; Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) <a href="https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/619719770414448640">July 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

Word, even when they were in Jersey the only Nets "fans" I saw were usually little kids who I presume didn't know any better. The few Nets fans I knew growing up were either super casual fans who never watched the NBA, or ended up switching to the Knicks or wherever else once they realized how bad the Nets were.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love Jack. I think he'd be a great addition to this team. I think he'd fit in really well.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well now Jack is their starter, and his backups are Larkin and Blake so no way he's going anywhere.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

They are more likely to pickup Lawson for a trade with Denver than other teams, they have a big expiring contract of JJ that can match the salary and Denver can get out of the Lawson deal faster and even dump a bad contract back to the Nets.

Jack won't be the starter for the Nets the whole season.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nets?src=hash">#Nets</a> have requested waivers on guard Deron Williams: <a href="http://t.co/7XnhP8lLS5">http://t.co/7XnhP8lLS5</a></p>&mdash; Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrooklynNets/status/619953066326949888">July 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

[​IMG]

16. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Wouldn't it be funny if somebody claimed Deron Williams off waivers before the Mavs could sign him?

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

I could actually see Hinkie doing it and then offering him to the Mavs for a second rounder. He knows the Mavs want/need him and it's not like Philly is in danger of paying the luxury tax. 76ers would have all the leverage.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

76ers would be responsible for full 43+ mil over 2 years, though. Buyout only takes place after he clears waivers, so it wouldn't apply to 76ers. I don't think the Mavs want D-Will at that price, I'm not sure if the Mavs even have what to give to make that trade work, other than Parsons.

19. NotChandlerParsons

That would be hilarious, but as much cap space as the 76ers have I don't know if they want to risk 40m on a practical joke.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lionel Hollins had a candid, insightful response today to the reported clash he had with Deron Williams. Worth a read <a href="http://t.co/z8Vb5tGlUa">pic.twitter.com/z8Vb5tGlUa</a></p>&mdash; Fred Katz (@FredKatz) <a href="https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/620071972421001217">July 12, 2015</a></blockquote>