1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stay home, protect ourselves?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Sep 15, 2001.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Isolationism?

Should we stay home and protect our own borders, cities and coasts. Form coalitions with other countries and cut off all ties with any 'rogue terrorist' nations and you are either with us or not. Why do we want to piss of millions more Muslims who are currently sympathetic with us?? Why send forces into another country. Stay home, protect what's dear to us our land. Let's not some send our best military forces into desert country that's a mountanous death trap. Russia couldn't do anything in Afghanistan, why don't we not heed or take note of past history?

We should tread lightly with force in other countries and concentrate on our homeland. Maybe we need to start having a heavier presence of our military in our hometowns like other countries. Maybe make service mandatory for all able bodied, male high schoolers after graduation. Why not, what can it hurt? Many countries have mandatory 2 year enlistment for its military. Norway is one, Isreal does for sure... I'm sure there's more... Two years could teach alot of these young, punk, gang kids what discipline and respect is all about. Love of country and sense of duty.

There's so many trains of thought about this... I don't know...
    We need to stop and consider what our 'leaders' are about to do.

Stop and think... consider what repercussions we could have for our actions.

I don't know, I'm rambling and :confused:

#1 rockHEAD, Sep 15, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2001