1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stay Classy, Houston! :)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Apr 22, 2016.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Btw dyin at one of the replies "that little kid deserved it" lmfaooooooooooo

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

I think we need to hear both sides of the story. What if that little kid deserved it?

3. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

She's full of crap. The blue and yellow bandwagoners were talking the most trash and instigating the most from the start to the end.

4. nobie

nobie Member

They should also find the guy who wrote that comment and ****ing lynch him, since obviously she has an emotional trauma right now.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

That little kid is probably a bandwagon fan. But still, you can't do that idiotic stuff. Dumb Rockets fans.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Riiiiiiiigghhhhhhtttt!

I don't care whether she is in emotional trauma now or not. It doesn't make it right to act out in a sexist and misogynistic way.

I'm not sure why you are bringing up her emotional trauma or lack there of into the conversation.

Do you have a problem with calling people when they are out of line?

7. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Any evidence of this happening? I can make up stuff all day too.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Just the statement of the eyewitness as far as I know.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes, OMG, i saw some ******* acting like an ******* at an NBA playoff game. Houston rockets fans have a problem. Incredible, sophisticated reporting. Pulitzer material really. lol.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Guess homer fans gonna be homer fans!

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Jenny shut the hell up and get that ass in the kitchen

1 person likes this.
  12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Little kid deserved it for wearing a Curry jersey in Houston. Ma****a prob don't even know who BARON DAVIS is.

13. nobie

nobie Member

she was out of line got called for it, started to whine, while bunch of whiteknights immediately offered there deepest sympathy and support because that sexist guys ways, how can she live right when somebody told the same tasteless joke as her? i really woould considered suicide since obviously her life is shatters right, riighhttt?

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Kid's parents shoulda be on the news for physical assault at a Rockets game... At least I woulda been...

15. Cypress

Cypress Member

Lmfao them replies are priceless.

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

Anybody that comes to the game in an opposing teams colors deserve to be harassed. I fee as if I am being trolled, like they're trying to get a reaction from home fans.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

our fans are the worst

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

She could have been right and wrong. If she said the entire Houston fan base was classless because of what one person did, that was wrong.

But even if that is wrong, she is in the right when calling out the idiot who flipped the bird at a little kid.

She's also correct to call out people who make sexist and/or misogynistic comments directed at her.

For some reason you're predicting this whole her suffering offering trauma into that yourself. I haven't seen any of that coming from her, nor do I really care about that aspect one or the other. It's odd that you keep to label her as having that.

Secondly the internet meme of "white knight" is usually pretty silly. There is nothing wrong with calling out people who are doing something wrong like all of those that made sexist and misogynistic comments towards her. There is nothing wrong that, and it doesn't make people look bad who do it.

There were some hilarious comments made towards her such as the kid probably deserved it, and comments about the kids parents being cruel to him for putting him in a Curry jersey etc.

I'm fine if you don't agree with it, I just want to understand it.

So please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points.

1. You believe it was okay that a Rockets fan flipped off a little kid at a public sporting event? (or that it wasn't okay but nobody should have said anything?)

2. Because the reporter tweeted that someone did that and urged fans to have class, she deserved to have sexist and misogynistic comments made about her?

3. Anyone who disagrees with those sexist and misogynistic comments is at fault for voicing their disagreement?

The internet being what it is, it's entirely possible I'm wrong on all three of those points. If I am, please explain your position.

I just want to understand because to me it's laughable that someone would be upset at people for calling out sexism and not for the people making the sexist comments.

As to her having any kind emotional trauma over it, I haven't noticed that from her/nor am I really concerned about it.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm not sure what's douchier.....trying to put an entire fanbase on blast because of ONE person.....or b****ing about the fact that people on Twitter are assh*les. Either way, she needs to grow some tougher skin if she's going to be in sports journalism.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Unless it's a little kid, who has no idea, and just wants to support his team.

I go to Clipper/Laker games in Rockets gear. I don't mind some back and forth banter with the home team fans. I expect it and welcome it, but I won't get carried away, angry or violent about it, because it's just a game, and not even one that I'm actually playing in.

I go to Dodgers/Angels games in Astros gear, and have the same expectations. I've never had any real problems. Most folks understand it's all good fun.

But I'll never go after a little kid for it. I might tease him a little in good spirits but nothing big or profane at all.