1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stay calm]: It's just one game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Oct 27, 2016.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

how many times did the same poster post with different id's? time for an IP check admins

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

A lot of your takes are pretty spot on but this isn't one of them

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Player only meetings pls.... and sign Jason Terry who will guarantee wins against top competition.

4. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

This is Mike Dantoni's style.

Complaining of no D? Dont ever expect it.

This season is going to be brutal. We're not elite & he's not an elite coach.

Uptemp offense is only fun to those how dont know how to win games. No sense in scoring 120+ a game qhile giving up 120+.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dude, we lost to the Lakers.

They are projected to win like 25 games

6. Mr. Clutch

Well McHale said Howard wasn't the solution, but not the problem either

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

That Beasley trade is going to come back and haunt us

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've seen enough...

9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

We are in the same boat. As soon as Pringles was hired and Durant went to GS I was not getting it either. I still think we are going to be better than last night but we wont get passed the 6th seed. I will sill watch them when they are on regular T.V. though.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This offense is too reliant on Harden.
    Spurs, warriors, Grizz,.Blazers, do not have this problem of one guy responsible for everything.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My expectations for this team totally plummeted after watching that game. What a clusterf--k!

kwakmeister likes this.
  12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

James Harden is mimicking Kobe. Right now he's in that post-Shaq phase of his career where he doesn't care about winning and just needs to pad his stats for all-time legacy's sake.

cheke64 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You realize projections have absolutely nothing to do with what actually happens right?:rolleyes:

A lesser version of this team beat the Warriors at full strength last year.

Why is it unfathomable to some of you that a few of their players (Clarkson, Randle) simply blacked out last night and had the best game of their lives.

14. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Spot on.

Harden goes from 14 assists in the first half to 3 in the second. Why did the offense die in the second half? 82 games but this can not be a loss. It can't. it is.

Lakers got some fortunate bounces. That air ball to Clarkson was infuriating. Oh and Garden going what, 1/7 from 3? reminds me of the of beginning of last season...

15. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

It's amazing how this team repeated the same mistakes season after season. Zero defense, not leadership, horrible game plan...

16. Mr. Clutch

Yeah, other teams guards inexplicably have been going off against us since last year.

Just bad luck I guess

17. awc713

awc713 Member

My friend is a huge Wizards fan, mentioned to me that Nene was [insert trash emoji]. Now I see why. Dude was horrendous at defense. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in that it's one game, but he just looked slow.

This team needs boarding and post defense terribly.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Oh my Lord, you people need to go into therapy or something.

Pull your heads out, it's going to be fine, this team is going to be pushing to 50 wins this year, nothing has changed.

Look, that Lakers team, those kids played possibly the best game they have EVER played, those particular players.

And they barely beat a Rockets team that was clearly gassed by the end of the 3rd.

It's going to take a bit of time for the Rockets to get their pace straight so that doesn't happen. And they are not going to be playing against a bunch of chucking kids who miraculously hit almost everything they threw up.

Last night was not an indication of how the season will go, unlike the snuff films that were the first few games of last season.

Seriously, you people panicking after one close game... SMDH

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We'll be somewhere in the 6-9 seed, as I've been saying for a while. Harden still needs a superfriend to come join him.

20. Nero

Nero Member

I don't know, if they could just keep their legs and hit the shots they were still getting even at the end of the game, they would have been fine.

The first thing I would change is the rotation cycle. Clearly MDA has Harden on a 100/50/100/50 cycle of minutes% per quarter. I don't think having him play the whole 3rd is worth as much as having him out there fresh for the entire 4th. So I would change it to 100/50/50/100. At least until someone else emerges as having a good ability to run the offense while Harden is getting some rest.

Plus, I want to see someone beat Capella with a rolled-up newspaper every time he tries a layup when he COULD dunk it.