1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Statistical Analysis about the ARIZA, PARSONS contracts and working out their value around the leagu

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

overall, I like your points very much, but I just can't quite agree with this Parsons assessment 100%. It will be *fascinating* to see how much of Parsons value was his fit in our "system," for lack of a better word. He's a good player, no doubt, but players often find a slump -- even good players -- when they arrive at a different team, with a different coach, players and system.

Only rarely do traded players greatly elevate their statistics, (unless their minutes greatly increase, like Harden's did moving OKC->HOU).

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Looking at Harden's and Parsons' contracts on Spotrac, the Mavs will pay Parsons MORE next year than we'll pay Harden. Over the next three years, they'll pay Parsons just $1M less, total, than we'll pay Harden. Parsons, unlike Harden, has a player option for 2016-17, and then he becomes a UFA one year earlier than Harden.

Like others here, I'm sorry to have lost the dirt-cheap final year of Parsons' previous deal. It turned out to be an unfair deal for him, and I'm happy for him that he was liberated from it. But under no circumstances (other than a guaranteed championship) would it have been sane to pay him what Cuban is paying him.

Harden got the big contract and showed the world he was worth it. It sounds like Parsons thinks he'll do the same, and Cuban is banking on it. I'm already cringing.

2 people like this.
  4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i can do a salary calculater for Klay but it will take a bit of time because i have 0 data for the SG position. my guess at this stage would be somewhere in the 9-11 million range however ill do the calculaion and get back to you when i do

i will also do this but i know for a fact the results wont be pretty. will also get back to you when the results are done

i dont think this is a high risk signing compared to alot of the moves made every offseason, i think the ariza length of the contract is a bit weird for someone like morey to hand out but i guess it must something like 10 mill per year if he only got a 2-3 year deal so i understand what morey did.

im sure i would and by no shape or form do i think im an expert at doing nba analysis'. i just do it for a bit of fun when school and work doesnt really collide and im intrigued in a topic or feel its hasnt been talked about on CF's

ill leave my results with my ORP just because the amount of work i did using that would be way to time consuming and tedious however im sure as you mentioned would make similiar results.

the reason i used PER was because it seems like a universally recognised way to figure our a players impact and EWA factoried in durability in players that played 82 games compared to someone who played 30 games, thus making thier new contract larger.

its cool man, although instead of repping me, hit up the tipjar on CF's to show your love for what clutch does

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My cynical guess for Trevor is that he will underperform compared to the last playoff season, but will kick it up a gear when it matters, the playoffs.

This I don't mind that much if he's trying to preserve himself for the long haul, even if it isn't the best example to set...

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

proof he has done that before?

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

1 player my ass, Howard gets doubled more than anyone else in the entire nba.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Did this guy just do a ****ing crazy ass college report for a forum?

9. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

We'll see That good performance next season.LOL

10. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

Harden and Howard both draw double teams far more often than anyone on the Wizards. Harden's ability to run the offense and the quality of the Rockets offense is reflected in the efficiency/numbers and is well above the Wizards.

Further the improvement of Ariza has been in three point percentage and shot selection, both of which have been improving over the last few seasons.

If you think Ariza will not shoot like he has the last season and a half, that is fine. However to think his success and efficiency has been a result of John Wall, there is very little to base that on. Ariza's biggest improvement has been on catch and shoot 3's, which is what Houston creates in spades.

11. JH13

JH13 Member

Nice thread. Parsons is way overpaid. I'm happy we've got Ariza.

12. Remii

Remii Member

Well... We'll find out when the season starts if Trevor is a better player than Parsons.

13. Voice of Aus

Unless the argument is that is was Trevor's contract year and he is doing what he did last time, I don't think their will be much difference between the two minus parsons added passing ability however ariza seems to have a more natural and pure shot.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

A Will sighting. As almost always, I agree completely.

15. Voice of Aus

I agree with your agree, always good to see someone from the crew posting on the rockets

16. Remii

Remii Member

Nope, my argument is Parsons is better than Trevor _ PERIOD... And that Parsons did a lot more for this team than some of you fans are giving him credit for.

I remember OKC fans made the same assumption on how K-Mart could fill Harden's spot. As I told you previously _ the game isn't played on paper and everything will come to light when they roll the ball out on the court.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't care for Parsons anymore either.

But I have never cared for Dallas. I hope they don't make the playoffs for the next.....well, I hope they don't ever make the playoffs again.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You've wasted an opportunity. This is easily one of the better breakdowns and read I've seen from VoA or any other poster.

19. Voice of Aus

images just stuffed up ;( , ill fix them now

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

What's the point of your argument then, it has no place in this thread? It doesn't matter if Parsons is better than Ariza the question is he 2x better? Given a choice I'm sure majority would choose CP however since CP is making 15M and Ariza is only making 8M then it should be obvious who is the better fit for this team. Arguing who is "better" without taking salaries into account is just a waste of time, technically speaking Josh Smith is better than Tjones but considering Smith makes the max no way do I want that guy on the team.