1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stating the obvious: CP3 wanted out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 11, 2019.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

If so, funny that 4D Chess Morey outsmarted yet another wannabe Genius.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We wouldn’t be here If he was just a little bit aggressive in the playoffs.

He was scared, and any hatred he has towards Harden is misguided, because Harden carried his ass to exactly where CP3 was hoping to be, and he did not step up AT ALL.

We got Clippers CP3 vs Corey Brewer & Josh Smith, and it was miserable.

Westbrook at this point is a massive upgrade.

D-rock, sungjina, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  3. sheb

sheb Member

Guys remember like one of the games against GS
    Where harden didn’t score in the 4th, and down the stretch CP3 controlled the offense

I wonder if that’s what started the fight
    Rumors were cp3 told harden he wanted to have the ball and play less iso, maybe they did that in th playoff game and cp3 sucked it up

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Anyone with half a brain new there was dysfunction. It was a lame cover up attempt.

BaselineFade, Little Bit and Tfor3 like this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er

Your comment helps me make sense of James end of season comment, "I know what needs to be done." Answer: Get rid of CP3.

6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Everyone chill, CP will not play a single minute with OKC, he will be traded to MIA.

7. Game7

Game7 Member

56D1041A-A130-4C3F-A1B4-12C90BBAA472.jpeg I am sure somebody has posted this somewhere. Not sure what it says about CP’s wishes (if anything) but from the way this deal went down, I think it suggests that CP was not in the driver’s seat here.

D-rock, Wulaw Horn and BigggReddd like this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

CP3 will wind up on Lakers or Heat by 12/25. Prefer the Heat and I think it makes it easier for OKC to accept crappier assets. There is no chance to go back now but I wish the Rockets would have involved Miami in a 3 way because I think OKC did the trade expecting to need assets to offload CP3. I the bidding war could have made it possible to send to Miami with no picks and get Russ back and help Miami with the cap.

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm confuse, so a few weeks ago, everyone was saying in MULTIPLE threads, those reports of CP3 wanting out was BULLSH*T leaked by people with an agenda & now we are saying its all true & was obvious?

10. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Even if he didn't want out, OKC didn't start having a fire sale until a week ago. Rockets saw an opportunity to get younger and at worst stay about the same. This just looks like being opportunistic, Paul was not getting younger or healthier.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he knew once he signed his contract, people were going to question it.

CP3 tried his best, it didn't work out for a Finals appearance.

CP3 does not dig OKC.

Good luck!

D-rock likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I absolutely expected us to trade Gordon and Capela for WB.......

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I didn't like Cp3 in New Orleans , Hated him with the Clippers and had to tolerate his ass in Rockets Red.

He immediately goes back to the I don't like that guy list now that he wears another uniform.

Bye SeePeeFee-licia

As for a buyout , I cant see it happening, He's due $124,076,442 and he aint giving up a cent of it.

I don't know of any buyouts that had multiple years on them much less at the max.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to live in Oklahoma at all and I'm sure CP3 won't be staying .. But if he was stuck there for ~40 mil a year, I'd be okay for 3 years. Where can I sign up?

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This argument only makes sense if you've been making millions for the last 12+ years with an overall net worth of atleast a quarter billion.

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Regardless, I don't think CP3 will be in OKC long, he'll probably be gone before the season or at the trade deadline, assuming he doesn't renegotiate a smaller buyout, I'm sure at this stage of his career he's going to want to win and not be part of a rebuild

jcf and BigggReddd like this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I can't see a buyout happening. Look for Presti to package CP3 with Adams later in the year for a garbage contract and more picks.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It only seems impossible if you’re hung up on the (definitely wrong) idea that CP3’s contract was untradeable.

Clearly, that wasn’t the case.

topfive and BaselineFade like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Westbrook is a better player than CP3. CP3 could "want out " all he wants now, but he was gone anyways considering Morey could nab Westbrook. Say what you want but Russell is the superior player.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely agree with you, I really don't see a buyout happening either.