1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

State of the Union Thread 2.4.2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Feb 4, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

So you disagree with facts. Good to know

da_juice and JayGoogle like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we were just having the whiny sore losers discussion in that other thread . . .

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, I just don't see that happening

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That is actually remarkably close to what the Democrats have been doing since Trump won the presidency back in 2016.

cml750 likes this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’ve been saying it, the Dems live in bizarro world accusing the Reps of what they are doing themselves.

MojoMan, TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

In recent history lies win reelection for a president

"Mission Accomplished"

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"

"Benghazi was a spontaneous protest in response to a video"

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  7. TheresTheDagger

The President had just delivered that speech including references to deceased American heroes while their loved one's watched from the gallery. Regardless of how you feel about Trump, tearing up the speech that honored those people IN FRONT OF THEIR FAMILY was an astonishing act of disrespect to them and ugly.

Astrodome likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And I'm sure if you ask Pelosi she'll say that she was tearing it up for the lies inside of it and that she stood up and applauded those moments...

The president, meanwhile, mocked John McCain for being captured...and insulted veterans...and well we can make a list of him disrespecting his office.

I'm just saying, you can't finger-wag democrats when the President acts this way. He's the president, he holds the highest office, and he sets an example that this is what our politics will be like.

da_juice likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So as long as a leader hides behind dead soldiers, we should avoid criticism of that leader.

da_juice likes this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

And I'm just saying your defending this disrespectful act by Pelosi with whataboutism makes you a hypocrite. She's the Speaker of the House, holds the 3rd highest office, and she sets an example that this is what our politics will be like.

11. fchowd0311

Let's be frank here. If this is about cordiality, Pelosi runs circles around Trump in that regard. Why pick one minor example where you percieve Trump has the high horse in terms of being cordial when on a daily basis the dude speed tweets divisive rhetoric and calling anyone who criticizes him "enemy of the people".

It shows bad faith concern on your part.

I thought that's why the GOP voting base admires Trump so much anyways. "He tells it like it is"? Right? No political correctness. You can't have your cake and eat it also. You can't lambast someone else for the political climate someone you support has reveled in.

#71 fchowd0311, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  12. TheresTheDagger

You're right. I know how hard it is for TDS sufferers to avoid being a douche.....no matter who else gets in the way nothing is more important that one more Orange Cheeto Man diss amiright?

cml750 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Deragement which is a term in "TDS" would be believing a man who doesn't understand the difference between life and health insurance should be managing the world's largest bureaucracy.

So in that sense "TDS" is more applicable to his cult following of supporters, not his detractors.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

nope. You were having that discussion. Most of us can separate a shitty 2016 candidate’s election loss from subsequent and independent POTUS lying, divisiveness, misdemeanors, and autocratic tendencies. But keep blowing that kazoo. I hear @mick fry likes that false sore loser shtick, so there’s that!

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, she's 3rd, the President is 1st, he sets this example. Pelosi has a storied career where she's been cordial and respectful but Trump doesn't deserve respect because he doesn't give it.

Apparently, Democrats are just supposed to lie down and gracefully accept his insults.

You are defending a man that insults actual veterans, threatens his enemies, goes after children...but hey, Pelosi ripped up a paper, lets finger wag her and ignore Trump spitting on the office daily.

da_juice and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. TheresTheDagger

I think I made it pretty clear that doing something that disrespectful to the honored dead IN FRONT OF THEIR FAMILIES crossed a line for me.

Since you've decided to defend this you've made it clear you've decided to sacrifice any "high horse" you've been sitting on when decrying Trump's behavior. Thanks for making that clear.

cml750 and davidio840 like this.
  17. TheresTheDagger

Complete horseshit.

She tore up the speech in front of families of fallen Americans. If you can't get why this has NOTHING to do with Trump, I can't help you.

Unlike you, I've never defended ANY of this behavior and I challenge you to quote me doing so ANYWHERE.

18. fchowd0311

Pelosi's actions weren't directed at the dead soldier's family. They were directed at the president.

Verbal attacks on John McCain's POW status was a direct insult to an actual veteran. Attacks on the Khan family was a direct attack and insult to the family of a dead veteran.

Again, you have no ground here to attack the decorum of another politican when you routinely almost every other day bootlick for the most divisive president in American history who explicitly offends and insults every sector of American Life that disagrees with him.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right, so to you Pelosi sets the example and not the PRESIDENT...

This is just some lame talking point that the GOP is whipping up. This has everything to do with Trump since he disrespected her right on the floor. Not everyone wants to lick Trump's balls.

You completely excuse it because you are surprised when Democrats bite back. All Trump has done since becoming president is spit on the decorum of that office so no one on the right has any room to criticize Pelosi until they criticize Trump first.

I responded to a post that finger wagged Pelosi for how she behaves in her seat and called out the hypocritical nature of this person calling that out and never calling out Trump for his behavior.

I think the fact that you think Pelosi sets the example and not the President is giving his poor behavior an excuse.

TheFreak and fchowd0311 like this.