1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

State Department misled on Hillary Clinton emails, investigation concludes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

About yellowcake and Aluminum tubes?

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The fact that he could easily get votes from Democrats for the Patriot Act and for the war in Iraq (likely the 2 biggest things that define his administration) should undermine this idea that Bush faced as much partisan obstruction as Obama.

Maybe I'm just more jaded, but I just don't think it has the same import you do. Yes, Obama, Lynch, Comey, they are all politicians. They play the game. They politick. You and I agree that it is corruption only because I'm quick to call corruption on what other people call normal business. I say it's corruption because, though I've been around, I'm still an idealist that doesn't like seeing my guys doing crooked stuff. You obviously either haven't been around or you have blinders on if you think Bush's people weren't doing the same stuff (it's really quite ridiculous that you can see the Administration that secretly held suspects at black sites and tortured them -- that used the CIA to torture people because their handbook was more malleable than the military's -- as too honest to do this stuff). This is Washington. If you aren't willing and able to do this stuff, no one will know your name.

But this isn't the barn-burner you think it is. Unless they find actual secrets in enemy hands, not much will come of it. Even if they indict, the situation is so political that it won't even matter. Bill Clinton really did perjure himself in his sexual harassment case, but that situation was so political that the crime didn't matter. Your fantasy totally isn't going to materialize.

Our leaders get away with all kinds of crazy stuff all the time. I don't see how this hasn't dawned on you. Nixon got a pardon. Reagan got away with Iran-Contra. Clinton perjured himself. Bush committed acts of torture. There's no accountability at the top, only a struggle for political advantage. You should know this by now.

This isn't really new news though. We already know she was mishandling state communications by having a private server. So, she mishandled them by email and by fax. Ok.

#82 JuanValdez, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

a vote for this she devil is a wasted voted. she can't be trusted with her cavalier leadership decisions. we vote for people to uphold our wonderful constitution and laws. she see's herself above them.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It sounds like you are calling Hillary Clinton a witch. I will leave that kind of talk to you.

As far as I can tell, she is not a witch, but she is a liar and a serious criminal.

If some Republican woman such as Sarah Palin had instructed her top advisers to send classified security secrets by insecure channels in clear violation of federal law, as Hillary Clinton clearly did here, would you be brushing that off as a "witch hunt"? Or is this just more blind, disingenuous partisan defensiveness of your tribal leaders?

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

anyone who has had a security clearance knows how serious this would be if they were doing it

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's absolutely illegal. I'm not sure how they can get around charging her.

1 person likes this.
  7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

hrod17???

Surely Hillary could have nabbed a better email addy?

...and don't call me Shirley.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you are confused by metaphors, and their meaning, I think you should probably tackle less complex topics than politics.

You can't seem to tell much of anything. You have a conclusion and you are looking evidence of it and have failed across the board.

Probably. I am really not interested in putting people in jail because they sent faxes. We don't even know what the fax was in regard to. Now if it directly led to someone's death or had a serious negative consequence, you might have something.

If you are intent on sending someone to jail, how about we talk about this:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/0...on-from-israel-to-sabotage-iran-nuclear-deal/

For such a stickler for the rules, you seem to be strangely quiet on the topic.

I don't like Hillary Clinton, but feel free to continue living in your alternate reality bubble.

#88 larsv8, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

It shows she KNOWINGLY sent classified information by insecure means. She is ordering a subordinate to strip the header (which contains all the classified warnings). Stripping a header saying how classified a document is, I would think is illegal.

10. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

There are two options here.

She either blatantly disregards the laws of this country that regulate her role in government, or she is a complete idiot.

Either of these two options make her unfit to be POTUS.

#90 okierock, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What sort of bail typically is required for someone charged with federal offenses of this magnitude. Does anyone know?

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I don't know, what sort of bail was Bush forced to post when, in violation of the federal records act, he maintained private email servers and in the process lost millions of emails?

That's right, none.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Was there an FBI investigation into this supposed crime? Or is this just some desperate grasping nonsense you picked up off of some leftist blog somewhere?

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

why are you okay with both george and hilary doing this!?!?! do you blindly support your party or what? where is the reason and the logic in your approach to politics?

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Hot rod 17... Lol

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately what you just said doesn't dispute the seecific policies listed in the links I posted and the history of Obama enacting centrist policies even when he could have pushed for more liberal ones.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What you posted was BS from far left spinsters.

Basically saying Obama is a centrist is like saying that California isn't in the West because Hawaii is further west. Also, some of that was just straight up hilariously delusional "Obama is a Republican" c'mon man, is that intended as comedy?

"(Obama) to the right of Bill Clinton, and is about in line with Nixon" or "Obama about where Nixon was politically".....Seriously? Are you trying to induce laughter? You might as well be saying that Reagan was to the left of Jimmy Carter.

Again, give it a few more years before you try to push revisionist history and maybe you'll fool someone with that nonsense.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Explicitly, what policies of Obama are uber leftist?

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a liberal, I wish Obama was a liberal. But he isn't and hasn't been. Specific policies were listed. They aren't left leaning policies.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH. If you don't think Obama is a liberal then you aren't basing it on the American political spectrum. He might be considered "not a liberal" in an extremely liberal country where the conservative party is to the left of the Democrat party, but it's not based on the way things are in this country.