1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[STARZ] Black Sails

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 24, 2013.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Damn that finale was awesome.

Hopefully the show will continue to be good next season when Blackbeard shows up.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Ray Stevenson is Blackbeard!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2qcBdy8Od1o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This show is probably the most underrated show on television.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What an incredible finale. The whole CharlesTown sequence was heart racing. Such a conflicting feeling at the end too. Partly I'm glad that some real pirate carnage broke out, but partly I'm sad that Flint seems to have buried the last remnant of James McGraw there on those gallows. I kind of liked him struggling with that aspect of himself, the part that feels bad about, oh, say, opening fire on an entire city full of mostly innocent people. He just earned every last bit of the "monster" tag he verbally accepted during his trial, and THEN some. They threw in little bits here and there to try to and make you not feel bad that he slaughtered a whole city, but the fact that they had slaves locked up and were throwing cabbage at a woman's corpse didn't fully tip me on to the pirates side, but I loved watching all of it.

Have really turned around on Vane. Really disliked him as a character up until these last two episodes. Maybe he gets a similar turnaround that John Silver had. You got a nice view of the different of Silver in his last scene too. Whereas in the first season when he comes up with a story that covers his tracks (temporarily) while keeping in everyone's good graces, he would have done so with a quip while half winking at the camera. Played it totally differently now and I like the character so much better for it.

I'm not an economic expert or anything, but I'll be very interested to see if the show addresses at all exactly what happens to a small island when insane wealth is suddenly injected into the mix. How do things change now that there is that much gold available for spending, and what is it spent on? Part of me just hopes that the w**** count of Nassau goes up by a factor of 100x. But I hope they take a serious look at it too.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

One of the biggest complaints about Vane's character was his short-sightedness. He was constantly plotting for his own devices and not really having to toe the political lines with keeping his crew in line with his wants. Within the last couple episodes I think you see Vane acting like a real captain, weighing the cost of the the pirates as a whole rather than acting purely out of self-interest.

Flint and Vane kicking ass together was awesome. I was honestly glad to see Flint destroy the city because it felt like a redemption for everything he tried to accomplish in the first place as Flint. Maybe Miranda had convinced him that there was still hope in the civilized world, made him doubt his pirate ways and all but that quickly vanished again when they put a bullet in her skull and he realized there is no place for him in that world. Not then, and certainly not now.

It was a very satisfying season finale but also sets up the arc for season 3 quite nicely.

6. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Ive been very happy with this show so far. It has its TnA and some good gore to go along with a good bit of action. I've always been a fan of pirates, but didn't expect this show to be any good. This season finale was great.

As the season progressed they developed most of the characters very well. I agree with previous posters, Silver and Vane were both eh to me, actually when they were introduced i didnt care for them at all. As the season progressed Silver became more and more likeable, and you really start to see how smart he really is. Vane was very short sided up until the end, he finally got the big picture.

Captain Flynt is now no one but Captain Flynt, im looking forward to him in future episodes, i want to see how much more he has it out for "civilization" after that finale.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Season 3 starts tonight! Can't wait, it's good to have a show to watch again.

Black Sails
    Better Call Saul
    Walking Dead (some how still watching this....)
    Game of Thrones

Condensed recap of Season 1 and 2 :

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eySUZCDjlrQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Season 2 recap:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y0_MsOXtZRU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N6P1cQMdFXA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#47 Uprising, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  8. nono

nono Member

I got a copyright notice from Comcast for downloading a couple of episodes from season 2.

9. Uprising

LOL. It happens. Using Peerblocker?

Also, I rarely download anything anymore.

Just use ShowBox app, and chromecast it.

10. nono

nono Member

No, I did not use Peerblocker. It was really stupid of me to download. Not worth the trouble, though I doubt they will take me to court.

11. nono

nono Member

It's a really good show though. Season 2 was fantastic.

12. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

new EP is out....lol downloaded it....hell I always download.... I never seed....unless its ASIAN movies

13. nono

nono Member

are you not liable if you don't seed ?

14. Uprising

Still liable....technically.

They go after the sources though. If you are torrenting then use something like peer blocker with it. Blocks known IP's (black listed) for companies looking to catch you....

I think I read somewhere it's already available on starz on demand or something....so probably why it's already online.

Season 2 was excellent. The season finale was damn good.

15. nono

nono Member

Yeah it was really stupid of me to not keep track of my seeding. I have an extremely fast connection (average 4mb/s download) so in one hour I could have uploaded to god knows how many people.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I pull my torrents off the second they are done.

17. Uprising

If you're not interested in seeding, use Utorrent. It has auto close / shut down etc of either your computer (if you go to bed letting it download) or the program for when the download completes.

Back on Topic....Can't wait to get home and watch it.

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Way more Blackbeard, please.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

awesome first episode

story, characters, acting, set design, all top notch

20. Uprising

Solid season so far. This show just keeps getting better and better. First show since Game of Thrones, where I was actually upset the episode came to an end. Can't wait for the next one.

The development of the character John Silver has been amazing, what a change.