1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[STARZ] Black Sails

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm enjoying the show.

Can't wait for them to finally board their ships though.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Watching this show on DVR. Was it written by a horny teenager?

The subject matter is awesome and there's a lot to like about the show, but watching it feels like watching a teenager's softcore pirate fantasy on skinemax.

The way the women talk to each other about sex, naked women everywhere, nobody knows how to communicate without the f word...

Game of Thrones is so much better at setting the scene.

Man, we want these guys to sound like they are mean people so let's make them say the F word every other word!!!!!!

We want guys to watch so let's make sure we don't go more than 5 minutes without a pair of boobies on screen!!!!!!!!!

3. Uprising

I enjoyed the first season. Didn't realize the last episode was the finale, I was so excited to see what happened next after that ending scene. :(

Started out slow, to develop characters....but the pirating life has begun.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Shouldn't take a season for the pirating to start in a pirate show. Hated the first season. Very little action, and the dialog, acting, and storyline did not make up for this fact.

5. Uprising

The show returns for Season 2 on Saturday night.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ab8VqJ0eHBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I really don't have a great feeling one way or the other

It sufficed when i had nothing else to watch
    but
    it still has not gathered the needed momentum

Rocket River

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lesbian t*tties gurl.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm still watching this show because Treasure Island was my favorite book as a kid and I really enjoy the whole Pirate mystique in general.

What I do like about the show is how they have kept true to some historical facts and avoided some of the myths. It is also interesting how they incorporate some characters from actual history and some from fiction.

Now the cheese factor in this show obviously the goings on on Nassau. The corruption, the drama, it is a convoluted mess trying to follow all the things going on there. The arcs I am most interested in are the goings on of the ships and the sea.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely still enjoying this show. I'm with moes, though. All the stuff at Nassau is not keeping my attention. The girl trying to run the place, that horrible squinty captain with the low, gruff voice who I can barely understand half the time. The insertion of Ned Lowe to the works is somewhat interesting since he is definitely a worthy and interesting villain, but it's still a one-sided equation. Fortunately John Silver doesn't bother at all anymore like he did last season and I find everything that Captain Flint is doing intriguing. I also like the backstory they are giving on him, suggesting that the whole piracy thing he has gotten into was always an attempt to get Nassau back into some kind of affluence mode at which time he can actually do AWAY with all the pirates. Should be intriguing.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Great episode. Always like to see Ms. Kennedy's assets even though I find her character annoying and far fetched. I don't even know who I'm rooting for anymore, because I actually like Vane but I think we know that Flint will eventually get that gold and be forced to bury it on some godforsaken island which is in line with what is pretext for the novel Treasure Island by RLS.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well, after the big Flint "reveal" I was having doubts about the show's structure, but since then the episodes have been solid and on point. They have built up to something pretty epic for the last few episodes. I'm at least very eager to see how everything is going to play out on more than a few fronts. There is a very nice cohesion between all the storylines at the moment.

12. Uprising

It's been damn good.

This and Better Call Saul make for an awesome couple of days of TV.

Both shows, have had really good cliff hangers....hooks to get you to watch the next episode. Black Sails especially. Solid Season.

13. Classic

Classic Member

I'm watching on demand w the wife at the moment
    something to get us to Game of Thrones but overall, seems ok 2.5 episodes into season 1

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

At points in season 2 you may get bored of the back story. If you resist the urge to not pay attention to it, the payoff of the later episodes are worthwhile.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Saturday's episode was pretty spectacular. The season finale next week looks like it will be crazy.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This show is excellent and the characters are amazing. There's never been a show in the piracy genre that comes anywhere close to this show in terms of quality, writing, sets, and character development. They have just totally pulled this show off and it just keeps getting better similar to how Banshee does.

17. Uprising

I just finished watching it.

That was ....EPIC!

Love this show.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Damn. **** got real. :eek:

Excited for the finale.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

great finale!

the escape sequence was well done

20. Uprising

The finale was awesome. The action was incredible, and intense.