1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting to see some progress with Mr.Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 22, 2012.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Rofl @ single girls

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Fixed

Yes I did thank you for the correction.

Lin isn't going to be putting up near double doubles like he has been over the last several games. He is young so he will be inconsistent. He definitely is a lot quicker now as he is a lot healthier though. I think by the end of the season he will finish with like 13-15 points & 6-8 assists which are solid numbers. Three point shooting will be in the low 30's & FG% probably in the mid 40's. Expect some clunkers in the near future from him & everybody else on the roster. Everyone is slurping the team now because we are winning & clicking on all cylinders but when we **** the bed (likely in January because the schedule is brutal) people are going to start crying. I think everybody has to just be patient & let the team grow.

3. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I think I heard him say, "Chicago is looking like the Rockets team here, turning the ball over."

WTF?

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

:p Nothing Jon Barry says is untrue but he still manages to get his distaste for the Rockets across. Blegh.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Think of Jon Barry the way you think of Charles Barkley, they never won championships in Houston due to some officiating mistakes. In Jon's case he was there when Michael Finley was out of bounds and stole the ball from him.. These guys are bitter their careers ended with a lackluster Rocket's team.

6. ERC

ERC Member

He did say that, but we did have the highest TO rate going into the game (not sure if we still do), so...

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

8. split41

split41 Member

Lmao, I remember that. Even when it's a chicago error, he still manages to **** on the rox.

9. ERC

ERC Member

Perhaps it was the holiday spirit, but I didn't find Jon Barry's comments to be too harsh or biased towards the Rockets. Everything he said was true and factual.

I like his brother Brent a little better, but still, I'd take Jon Berry over Bill "Gimmick" Simmons or Stephen "I have never heard of Chandler Parsons" A. Smith any day.

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

This commentator nearly ruined my winning experience .

11. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

12. kastuul

kastuul Member

13. ERC

ERC Member

What do you expect from a guy who said he's never heard of Chandler Parsons? :p

Sometimes I feel like ESPN hires guys like SAS and Charles Barkley just to stir up controversy.

14. Jedster

Jedster Member

I think you are right. That's what I thought he said and meant too.
    ALTHOUGH I remember thinking that he better backtrack and confirm that Lin is starter worthy if Lin proved him wrong.

Well Lin did even better than my sig expected, and I heard NOTHING remotely crow-eating from Jon Barry. Next game I'll bet that he'll still say the same old rubbish...that he isn't sure Lin is a starter, and that they need to make him go left (the most annoying comment ever...my eyes were rolling).

15. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Hear hear!

16. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Actually SAS has since backpeddled saying Lin will be a star in 2 to 3 years.

17. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Marcus Morris as starter - hot stretch of approx 55% 3pt and overall FG shooting. 4reb/31min though.

18. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Patterson doesn't rebound either, ask grabs everything and harden and parsons are great rebounders for their positions. It's not ideal but I think moot should start permanently

19. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Agree! Avg 15ppg also in this stretch.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Agreed. 2Pat hasn't done enough to earned himself a permanent starting spot, you've got to go with the hot hand and what's working in this situation.

Question is does coach have the cojones to change the starting line up when 2Pat gets back?