1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting to see some progress with Mr.Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 22, 2012.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't a Lin hater but I was extremely critical of him early in the season. Now I'm gladly eating crow. With Lin's play improving and taking off, now the Rox have taken off and look to be a dangerous team right now.

2. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Who was the announcer tonight that said that Lin is NOT a starter, and might not even be a bench player? Who is that guy? Also, since I'm new here what does LOH and some of your other shorthand mean? Please don't throw darts at me, I am trying to fingure this out

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Jon Barry, typical LOH. LOH, Lin only hater.

4. dacman

dacman Member

If Lin shouldn't be a start or on the bench,... gee than I guess he shouldn't be playing basketball?...

Whatever.

5. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

When was this?

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yep, loing this real Lin.Aggressie and creative. I said this in the pre-season that when Lin is aggressive, his playmaking comes naturaly. He is a great offensive player who needs to look for his offence to get his game going. He isnt a pure playmaker like Kidd but a more explosive scorer/playmaker.

7. SweedishHamma

SweedishHamma Member

Anyone else willing to give Marcus Morris some credit. His ability to space the floor has opened the lane and made the help defense a step late. Lin's best games have cone with Morris starting.

8. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

a lotta people are tentative about embracing lin--they don't want to get their hopes up and be disappointed or they just resent LOFs so much that don't allow themselves to get comfortable with lin. that's right, JL turns many of you fine folks into insecure single girls with small t***.

call it like it is, JL sucked azz at the beginning of the season--mostly because standing at the baseline spot up shooting is not his forte and he's a pretty chytty SG. but these last few games he is playing like an all star. he's way ahead of the curve when compared to guys like rondo and steve nash at the same point in their careers. he needs to improve his jumper, but his court vision is exceptional. he CAN BALL PERIOD, and if you don't think he can ball, you flat out do not know the game of basketball. you don't have to be a LOF to say it. jeremy lin CAN BALL.

9. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Yes, Patterson just doesn't command the respect of the defense.

10. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

absolutely +1. i would love the rox to get kevin love, but beyond that, i don't want them trading for some "star 4" that demands post ups that will slow the rockets' pace and change their chemistry. morris has been nothing short of a glove fit for the rox in these few games. he spreads and spaces the floor to perfection, runs the floor, is shooting close to 50% 3s, and can finish at the basket.

11. dacman

dacman Member

What I enjoy about Linsanity is that when his game is going like it is, that EVERYONE AROUND HIM is better. Harden gets an open lane to the basket and his efficiency goes up, Asik with an easy slam, Douglass off the bench gets a look at an open 3, Morris driving down the lane for an easy bucket. Everyone gets their #s and the team goes on a WIN STREAK.

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am. Morris has been good. I would like the Rockets to give Smith some burn with the starters in place for Morris. Morris can't spread the floor like Patt but he is a great roller in the PNR which would really open things up for the guards seeing as how they are elite PNR players. Smith provides the inside presence & rebounding that Marcus doesn't & he would grab a bunch of offensive rebounds off of Lin & Harden misses & spacing is more than just outside shooting.

13. itachen

itachen Member

I thought Jon Barry was saying he wasn't sure whether Jeremy Lin is a starter or a bench player. Besides that, I agree what everyone here says that Barry doesn't give the Rockets a whole lot of praises.

14. rockets_fan23

rockets_fan23 New Member

With Jlin playing like this, who do you think we will meet in the Finals?

15. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

16. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Maybe it's my imagination but Lin seems quicker than he did earlier in the season. That quickness seems to embolden his aggressiveness. Hopefully this is the real Lin we can expect to see.

18. AFS

AFS Member

Did you mean Smith there? Morris can spread the floor pretty well, and probably better than Patterson can.

19. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Rec'ed. Merry Christmas, everyone@

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Jon Barry is a punk that hates the Rockets for some reason.