1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting to see some progress with Mr.Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

What I am seein is his giving up tryin to shoot 3's. he looks like he is saying to himself "F... This, I'm going to the hole!"

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Haters gonna hate.

3. nono

nono Member

Some of his passes in transition are so good they always seem to catch the camera man off guard. Last game couldn't really see his last pass to Smith because the camera man was fooled by the no look. Today couldn't see one of the fast break passes.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think he is starting to get some confidence back and more importantly starting to get comfortable with his role and new teammates. I mean Jeremy came into a team where it wasn't just him trying to find his role but literally everyone else was trying to do the same. With a little more than 1/4 of the season done people are starting to settle into their roles and they are starting to develop that chemistry.

His explosiveness over the last two weeks has been a lot better than before, I mean there were some plays tonight against the bulls where he was at the top of the arc and then into the paint in a blink of an eye. I still feel he tends to jump to pass one too many times but I think he is an extremely smart player and very competitive player and will improve on this. Still considering everything he has been through and how little he has played - I mean he is still somewhat a rookie in a lot of ways he has shown incredible poise.

5. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

The only thing bad that comes of Lins great play, is the rise in ego of some fans.

Congratulaions to Lin. He's now showing his worth.

1 person likes this.
  6. Supermaruchi

Supermaruchi Member

That's a given. Don't attack the player, attack the fans.

Hearing the negativity against Lin during the beginning of the season is like having (bad analogy warning) a fellow soldier in the barracks that keeps on b****ing about gunshots flying over our heads. WTF, we're at war, stop b****ing and start shooting. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

just blame that knick superfan called spike lee for that.

8. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

Loved the bad analogy warning. Repped.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's been very hot recently, but Asik has been great all year. I think #2 is a tie right now between Lin/Asik/Parsons .

10. Arthurprescott2

I'm gonna lean toward Asik - just cause of how crucial he is to this team defensively.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lin is a better player than Dragic and Lowry. Lin is a playmaker that we have really lacked. He helps James Harden out tremendously.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't know that he's better than Lowry, but he's younger and healthy.

Also, Lowry is probably due for a pretty big raise after next year.

13. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Parson no, Asik yes. Parson hustle like a mofo, but the talent is just not there unfortunately. He is a more versatile version of Steve Novak but he is not a game changer like Lin is.

14. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Wrong. The only bad thing that comes out of Lins great play, are haters who jumped the gun in judging Lin and now hate on the fans for actually believing in him from the start.

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

BAsketball is based on confidence, he had zero confidence earlier in the year. Now he's fully confident and it's showing in his game. I was totally down on him at the beginning due to his lack of confidence and playing horribly.

16. caneks

caneks Rookie

He had adjustments in Nov and is doing really well now. FG% is around 50% in Dec, I think. That is really all star level for a guard.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Developing a midrange game and going to the bucket has been his savior. I like what he's doing on the court. Plus the time to get comfortable with his new teammates. I was very harsh on him at the beginning and he's turning it around. Playing very hard.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Where did the LOHs go?

19. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Lin's has high basketball IQ, a quick learner. He has such a desire to win, and he is always unselfish.

20. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

They're now pretending to be LoFs and making absurd statements like how Lin is going to be MVP 10 years in a row and average 50 points, 30 assists, etc...

Don't fall for it because most of the haters were trolls anyways...