1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting to see some progress with Mr.Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 22, 2012.

1. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

His lateral movement looks a lot sharper these days compared to how soft his cuts were early on. An injured knee affects finishing at the rim, pull-up jumpers at mid-range, and obviously the ability to drive and draw fouls. All of these were problems early on. Given that his knee is looking better, I'm hopeful these aspects of his game get better and he gets his numbers up. As he does, I think he'll be able to help keep defenses more honest and free Harden up to become more efficient like in the last few games.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Lin told a reporter a few weeks ago that he had to adjust his shooting angle to compensate for the weakness in his knee.

I hope his knees have really recovered to normal so he can shoot again at about 48 degrees which had been the most effective as witnessed during the Linsanity period.

3. breakmon

breakmon Member

Jeremy Lin has definitely been beasting it these past few games. Hope he keeps it up.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Starting to see multiple Lin threads.......again.:rolleyes:

5. breakmon

breakmon Member

Well, he's our 2nd best player... what do you expect?

6. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

He said he didn't.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

OP--great sig. Followed Olajuwon since college in Houston. Best sports moment in my life to that point was seeing Hakeem win it all against the Knicks. You are right about Lin as well. He is rounding into form, and I believe the coaching staff has started believing in him as well and given him more leeway to play his game offensively. Defensively, he has been there as a Rocket since day one, just like he was in his first Warrior game. I believed in Lin the first time I saw him in college. Two of my favorite players ever.

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Exactly. But with that logic, we should have A LOT of Harden threads, which, strangely, we don't.

9. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

RealGM Knicks had almost ALL Lin threads (10 or 11 in a row) at one point last year.

10. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Based on the number of ATG vote, lin has more fans than harden for sure.

11. split41

split41 Member

Why dig this thread up so say this? there are a bunch of other lin threads still active.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

some suggesting it was at 0:24 if i remember correctly. wasnt muscle btw.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQIOJNH9-aE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQIOJNH9-aE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He will be good as long as he can hit his jumpshots.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Do not go there!!! LOL

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

2ND best player? Parsons and Asik have been better. Lin had potential to be second best.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'll take positive Lin threads any day of the week. The Rockets are so much deadlier on offense when he's playing well.

17. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

When Lin is playing well you don't get to baww about Lin threads unless they're like that ridiculous one about Lin's super IQ timeout calling skills.

Clear line between hating LOFs and hating Lin. Lin was a very good player last year and has high potential. After a rough start it looks like he's getting back into form and the team is playing well. They're blowing out the bulls and scoring effortlessly, c'mon. Lay off the hate.

18. trowa2

trowa2 Member

lin is also the most popular player on the roster lol

19. SK34

SK34 Member

According to some of ya'll, Lin could not play off ball. Well he has shown he can, and it was just confidence which he was lacking. Great to see that the Consistency has been there for the past week. Team is doing great. Love to see him be aggressive. Turning a doubter into a believer ;)... Slowly tho..

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I see a lot of improvement on both sides of the floor and a boost in confidence.