1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting SF this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketman113, Sep 29, 2003.

1. rocketman113

rocketman113 Member

Guys it's about that time of the year. I am getting very excited about the upcoming season, hopefully this will be the year we finally make it back to the playoffs. One question mark that remains before the season starts is who will be our starting SF. I really hope to God that JVG is not gonna rely on Glen Rice to be the starting SF. You can almost count on him missing at least 30% of the season due to some sort of injury. My hope is that the Boki is gonna get a chance to play a lot of minutes in the pre season and maybe get into the rotation. I love his size and his "potential" shooting ability. With Yao, Boki and Eddie Griffin, the rockets would have one of the biggest front lines in the NBA. Pike would be a typical SF but his size kinda worries me in terms of playing consistant minutes at SF. How do you guys think the SF position should be handled this year? Maybe look at some sort of a trade?

2. egn

egn Member

If a deal for Artest could be made the Rockets would be a serious threat in the playoffs. Kobe may have nightmares playing that series.

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

We already had a thread bout this started by MacBeth....I'd like to see Pike be it when the opponent has a smaller 3.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Come on now. Everybody knows now that the Sonics also have a trade exception (Indiana has another) after sending their token center to the Paper Clips. So, Cat to Indy, Artest to Seattle, Rashard here!

*sigh* Bored. Bored, bored, bored, bored.