1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting PG Beverly or Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Feb 20, 2015.

?

Who is best fit for a future PG position?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2015.
  1. Beverly

35.2%
  2. Prigioni

64.8%
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Prig looked pretty good tonight.

2. Andrew Li

Andrew Li Member

Exactly. Bev doesnt improve chemistry.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Right. He just runs around like a chicken with his head cut off a lot of the time. Let the seasoned vets take over pg duties at this point.

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Pepperoni should facilitate the ball for the 2nd unit getting them easy basket and direct traffic while harden rest. Beverly should let harden handle the ball and hit his open 3's and play defense. I'm pretty sure that's how the coaching staff want to play it.

5. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

replace bev with Brewer and give KJ some playing time.

6. a711

a711 Member

Bev is good when he's hitting open threes but that's about it. He's a net negative on offense and super overrated defensively. Even last year, but definitely this year.

I see no reason Prigs shouldn't get a bunch of minutes.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rigatoni looked pretty good tonight. The depth on this team is outstanding right now, especially when Dwight gets back.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Kevin McHale

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Been impressed with Prigioni so far.

He plays within his himself, always looking to set something up for a teammate.
    Doesn't jack up too many shots, doesn't lose his dribble, tries to penetrate
    and create shots for bigs and always sizing up the defense looking for that bounce pass to the best opportunity.

You can tell his play is all about team and not about himself.
    I think he made the second unit click against the Clips.

GREAT WIN!!

10. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Never seen a worse starting pg with as horrible passing skills as bev

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

hold on now. if there is one mchale does like is his veterans. gives me hopes for prigbone.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Maybe I wasn't the only one who thought this team was better with a 37 year old starting point guard and a 37 year old backup point guard .... than with PatBev getting big minutes. Just goes to show how weak the position has been most of the season.
    They really need to solve the position this offseason and will most likely have to do so thru the draft to get it done because they are so cap strapped.

Prigoini can definitely get guys open looks off of the pick & roll something no one on this roster not named James Harden has been able to do all season. That second unit moved the ball around better during the start of the 4th quarter than I have seen from this team all year and it started with Prigioni getting in the paint and making the right pass. Even if it didn't lead directly to a bucket it led to an eventual open shot. Open shots have been few & far between when Harden sits.

13. mockster

mockster Member

Give progorni a start with some high minutes and see what happens.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wait... Mur E values role players?

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Bev should still start, with prigs facilitating the 2nd unit. When Bev can't buy a shot, let Terry run with the starters.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'll go out on a limb and say that Bev doesnt get resigned. He can go get some good money out there. Prigs is under contract for another year. Maybe Johnson can start to modify his skill set to play the 1? Draft a PG?

Whatever the case may be Im ready to move on from Bev. It was a nice story, coming over from Siberia and all, but he seemed a little big headed at times. I have faith in Morey finding another good fit at that position, his track record is pretty good in that respect.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

nah, gotta keep those old legs fresh and ready for the 4th quarter.

18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i'm not in favor of starting prig. i am in favor of cutting the hell out of bev's minutes and possibly letting terry start. that way prig can still anchor the 2nd unit with harden off the floor.

OUR STARTING PG HAS TO HIT OPEN THREES, CONSISTENTLY

19. a711

a711 Member

Bev will not be resigned.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

what the hell is going on with rockets pgs. the circle of life/death continues