1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting PG Beverly or Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Feb 20, 2015.

?

Who is best fit for a future PG position?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2015.
  1. Beverly

35.2%
  2. Prigioni

64.8%
  1. CertifiedTroll

I think the Prig votes are more of an "anything but Beverley" than an actual "I think Prig is better than Bev" answer.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

He didn't look lost yesterday, and he didn't do anything insanely stupid. He passed up a few 3s he should have taken, but otherwise he made good decisions. I already trust him as a facilitator more than Terry.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

OP was sarcastically talking about Bev because he won the skills competition.

4. Lightsnowaction

That is correct. Even if he was a starter and brought great 3P% with passing, he is not much of a slasher. Plus, seems slow if asked to guard any top PG.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Oops. My bad.

6. kcarro

kcarro Member

Didn't we just trade a point guard

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Have to agree. If Prigioni plays at a high level with several games under his belt, then sure, I've always thought that Bev would be better off the bench in a 6th man role. It's WAY too early, folks, for a thread like this, in my opinion.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Prigs isn't a good shooter huh?

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

This! I like Prigs, suggested trading for him last season, but the guy is not future starter material & 37 to boot so his minutes need to be monitored. Same with Terry.

In fact Terry may be the best guard to start next to Harden. Give all 3 equal minutes and see who is most effective. If Bev regains his mojo on D and O then he is the no brainer investment.

McHale also needs to have 2 shot blockers on floor at all times while Dwight is out. Current 5s lack this ability so some combo of JSmoove, TJ, KJ and Brewer need to be on court. Harden will also make some swats but his contribution in this area is just cherry on top of sundae.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I don't care who starts as long as McHale stays with whichever guy is helping the team the most THAT night. Gotta stay flexible when juggling two flawed players at one position.

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Clearly neither is the long term solution as the starting PG.

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

instead of prig, rockets shoulda gone after DJ Augustin, younger and more explosive. The dude was the starting PG before he got traded.

13. onreego

onreego Member

Who did DJ Augustin get traded for? And did we have anyone that is better than who Detroit received and needed?

14. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

You guys are not serious right? Have you seen Prigoni play extensive minutes? You will rip your eyes out watching him struggle.

15. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Nimo you gotta hide your stupid is showing :O

16. rocketsmetalspd

The guy has not had enough practice time with the team, so it is hard to gauge his progress with the team. I am sure being a veteran he will get it going soon.

17. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Pretty much this

I've already ripped out my eyes watching Bev attempts at passing the ball, and I can tell you that ripping out my eyes was less painful. ;) <BR> <BR>

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

damn straight, anyone who has watched Bev play this season feels this way :(

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Bumped this thread. I feel as the Rox inch closer to the playoffs, Bev needs to be the 3rd pg in the rotation. Even though Terry and Prigioni are in the twilight of their career, I trust them more than I do Bev at this point.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Bev kills the ball movement. He never makes the correct pass either.