1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting PG Beverly or Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Feb 20, 2015.

?

Who is best fit for a future PG position?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2015.
  1. Beverly

35.2%
  2. Prigioni

64.8%
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Prigioni has the reputation of being bad defensively, but the numbers don't seem to support that assumption.

Defensive XRAPM

12-13 - 0.3
    13-14 + 0.2
    14-15 + 0.3

Keep in mind PG's typically have the lowest defensive XRAPMs, so being neutral is actually above average for a PG.

If Beverly doesn't start getting some shots to fall, I don't think it's a ridiculous thing to suggest at this point, Beverly is killing us. Prigioni is better at all facets except on ball defense.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Stupid question. The correct answer is Nick Johnson.

3. Entropy

Entropy Member

I counter with Kostas Papanikolau.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

He's not Beverly

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

It's going to be funny to see how the board reacts when Isaiah Canaan starts putting up numbers on the 76ers in a starting role.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nothing against the kid, we would love to see him become a good player, but he is a undersized 2 without an outside shot in a 1's body.

Your standards for PG's are pretty low. Harden needs a player of Brandon Knight's caliber playing alongside with him.

7. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Why mad at who's the PG? The real PG in Houston has been Harden for 2 years at least.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When is Prigioni even going to suit up and play a game as a Houston Rocket?

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He played tonight.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that's fine but the other guard has be a shooter which bev is not.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

If he can maintain the tempo of the game and hit close to or at 40% from 3 he needs to start. The Rockets are playing 4 on 5 out there on the offensive end with Beverley in the game. I like Beverley's game a lot but we need to keep the defenses more honest so we can maximize Hardens productivity. Defenses knowing they can't leave Prignioni open by doubling down on Harden will make our offense that much more potent. Its great that he is no slouch on the defensive end as well. Just wish the guy was at least 5 years younger. Oh well, it is what it is.

12. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Pat Bevs has been playing atrocious!! And tonight he shot horrid!! BUT he did a great job on Lowry! No way McHale ever starts Prigioni with 27 games left not enough time to build solid chemistry. We will have to accept Bevs as the starter and hope and pray that Morey addresses the PG spot in the summer. But for now I think Pablo PnR will be deadly with Smith and Jones in that second unit.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't think funny is the word that I would use.

14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I like to see Prigioni in with harden a bit to see how that works

15. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I'd like to see Harden as the starting PG and Brewer as the starting SG

16. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

^^This. If not starting, than atleast majority of rotation minutes should be to

D-Mo
    Smith
    Ariza
    Brewer
    Harden.

17. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Sign Nate Robinson

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Whatever happen to Malcom Delaney? We were suppose to sign him before Bev came back from injury like two years ago

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pablo is so much more competent. Just a far superior player to Beverly, even at his age.

I don't know much about his health, but we need to seriously consider ramping up his minutes and trying to manage him Steve Nash style. See If we can pull a Dallas and extend his career ala Jason Kidd.

Can we squeeze 25 good minutes a night out of him for our playoff run? Truly all we need..

#99 RudyTBag, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  20. rocketsmetalspd

Pablo even without practicing with the team looks like a PG, directing traffic and passing the ball on point. Beverley on the other hand gets stuck in mid air trying to make a pass and can not make a pass to the post.

Pablo should earn his minutes but McHale needs to play him with second unit for a few games before making that call of starting Pablo.