1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting Center: Jordan Hill vs Chuck Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Dec 19, 2010.

?

Who should start at center?

1. Jordan Hill

177 vote(s)
    76.3%
  2. Chuck Hayes

55 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

he proved today that he should start over hayes.

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Short term the answer is Chuck Hayes. Long term the answer is C. None of the above. The Rocket's long term answer at center is not yet a member of the team.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Chuck gives 100% at all times, and I don't know if that's the case with Hill at this point. Can Hill give a full effort for 35 minutes a game, every game?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Irrelevant question, coach will allocate minutes according to match-up and performance no matter which of the bigs start.

5. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I'm a big Hill fan, but I have to point out, he had 5 fouls today, which is close to his Per-36 average. I don't think we can give him too many minutes if he's going to foul out of half the games.

6. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

You do realize Jordan Hill had 5 fouls in 22 minutes right?

While he isn't a bad player by no means, the guy is almost as bad as Oden when it comes to foul trouble.

7. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

He will fix that...at least this time the 5 fouls came with 9 rebounds and 4 blocks.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Drawing less fouls and TOs can improve with time. Why are some people so down on Jordan Hill, even as he displays something the Rockets have desperately needed since Yao went down?

9. mrjuandiego1988

hill should get more mins.. but not start at this moment.

10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

I'm not downing him at all, he's currently my favorite Rocket to watch. But to say he should start for his performance tonight? I know it will improve within time, but way too soon.

Plus we needed a shot blocker before even Yao went out.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

You're not gonna win the championship having Hayes starting at center. So might as well start Hill. :grin:

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

For now Hayes, eventually Hill

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Depends on match up. I think Adelman's handling of Hill was pretty good. Remember lots of people wanted to kill Adelman for not giving Hill minutes earlier? Adelman insisted that Hill's minutes wouldn't be consistent if his performance was not. I think Hill has responded well to the discipline demanded of him.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, funny how that worked out. It turns out that Adelman actually knows a thing or two about coaching basketball.

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Imagine that! ;)

16. Felece

Felece Member

I think for the first time in years, I saw a properly executed play after a timeout by Rockets which resulted in 2 points in today's game.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This. Hill is coming along nicely. If he can play consistently like he did in finishing the game tonight, he'll be starting soon enough. I like how Adelman and company are bringing him along. You can see the kid gaining confidence.

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I don't know about starting, but I definitely would like to see Hill get more minutes in the fourth. He did a great job tonight.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No Kidding. The tall dude plays an awesome game, essentially shutting down the paint for the last 4 minutes to seal the deal, and he can't even get proper respect. :eek:

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

we've got miller and hill as our primary centers now
    we should move hayes to scolas backup at the 4 where he can dominate defensively