1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starter PF: PPat, Morris or Terrence Jones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sean88888, Nov 11, 2012.

?

Starter PF: PPat, Morris or Terrence Jones?

1. PPat

60 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. Morris

96 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Terrence Jones

155 vote(s)
    49.8%
  1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Honsetly though our PFs are all undersized so you can't expect them to be great rebounders. Kenneth Faried is probably the best undersized PF at rebounding and that's because of his crazy athleticism and length.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Out of these options, Morris; he's playing very well and has earned the chance to continue to get minutes.

If I had my way, Motiejunas would be starting and playing 25+ minutes per game.

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think the coaches like that Patterson has the strength and athleticism to not be overwhelmed with any defensive matchup at PF. It's a little scary watching Morris defend bigs sometimes.

I think the rookies will see some real opportunities here. Hopefully, someone starts to stand out.

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I don't understand these polls.

Either clutchfans is a very fickle bunch or people are voting for the opposite of their opinions.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Patterson is the best perimeter defending big man but his unwillingness to go after rebounds and love of shooting the ball from outside is killing us. Granted, I suspect part of this is coming from the coaching as Jones and Morris have displayed similar tendencies aside from going after rebounds in trying to score from outside but he has to get over these problems if he wants to keep his starter's role

From what I've seen it is more the Former but sometimes they do opposite as well trying to be funny.

6. jogo

jogo Member

I think if there was interest in Patterson then we'd trade him. Hopefully he plays better and someone wants him at the deadline.

Is he defense really that good? Or is it just that our other options are a bit green? I'll have to watch more closely.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I think our best PF rebounder might be Royce White!

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

At this point I'd go with Terrence Jones. I think he might be the best two way forward we have.

Obviously Morris can produce more on offense, but he's just to damn small to play the starting four position. At this point of his development, his better off guarding three's, then guarding fours. Specially considering all the starting four's out in the west.

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Same here.

I am glad OKC has Ibaka and Perkin. Otherwise Presti might want Motiejunas instead of Lamb.

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I don't think I'd like Morris to be my starter long term, but Patterson just has to keep playing tougher. His rebounding has been awful and he still doesn't go up strong. Ever. He's always fading away, trying to out-finesse people, instead of trying to dunk it. He's not a roll-threat, either. So good team defender or not, it's probably time to send Patterson a message.

To me Jones hasn't quite earned a starting role and I don't like handing rookies PT, so, I'd start Morris for now.

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Lin/ Machado
    Harden / Delfino
    Morris / Parsons / Delfino
    T Jones/ Dmo / White
    Asik / Smith

Patterson traded to contender for 20th pick

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

2Pat useless without his athleticism.

I'd tell him id he doesnt lead the team in dunks or blocks by all-star break, start packing your panties and bra's for elsewhere.

13. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Of the three, Patterson provides the most consistent, predictable offense. He likes his midrange jumpers and gets to the open spots. He could stand to mix it up more inside and get to the line more often.

Morris is still finding himself and I can see him overtaking Patterson once he gets more confidence in his role/shot. That will come when the team has developed more.

Jones is another potential starter, I like his energy. That kind of energy is usually suited for a bench player, but I like the idea of him causing chaos on the offensive boards and defensively, with Harden, Lin and Asik benefiting from his hustle.

As one poster said earlier, it's Patterson's job to lose.

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

The only thing stopping Morris from taking PPat's spot is his defense and rebounding.

15. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Why don't we start TJ at 4 for a couple games?

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Patrick Patterson starting is fine. The thing that pissed me off is Terrence Jones didn't even get any minutes...so forget about the idea of him starting.

17. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

Pete Chillcut

18. prs325

prs325 Member

Then they should stop starting Patty. He seems to be allergic to rebounds and Asik needs help. Im ust glad that they finally inserted TJones and even DMo even though it was garbage time. I also like Sampson calling out Patty to rebound more, hopefully it will light a fire not just for Patterson but to the rest of the forwards on the team

19. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

PPat is showing absolutely zero effort. He checks out completely when he's not getting touches on offense. His "hussle" stats are way below what they should be and even though stats don't tell the story they back up everything we've seen on the floor.

Rebounding
    Asik - 12.8
    Parsons - 6.2
    Lin - 5.2
    Harden - 5.2
    Morris - 5.2 (plays 10 fewer min/game than PPat)
    PPat - 4.8
    Smith - 4.5 (plays 14 fewer min/gam; 2 game sample)

I don't care if its TJones or Morris, someone else needs to start.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't know if Jones is ready to start but I do think he should be getting some minutes same with Morris. Patt deserves to lose minutes getting out rebounded by your PG is unacceptable to me.

When Jones was out there with the second unit in garbage time he kind of lost focus was a little undisciplined taking that 3 at the top of the key instead of running the offense. It would be cool to have him play a few minutes each game with the starters to keep him on track. I also agreed with whoever said that his hustle plays could help Lin & harden we saw that yesterday with his block that lead to a well executed fast break.