1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Tom Savage

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Aug 15, 2016.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It was also a kick in the ass for Fitz to get his act together, which he did.

2. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

It's crazy

Osweiler looked like dog **** in preseason... and you knew he was gonna suck in the regular season

Tom Savage was a beast in the preseason. Fundamentally, he's better than Osweiler, but we're tied to this ******* due to his contract

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Actually it is very possible to get worse. The QB they faced today played worse.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Osweiler actually outplayed Savage in the preseason. Especially when it sorta matter the most in game 3.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

But they got lucky Mallet got injured.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bortles is not worse than Brock.

KDavis likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The balls Bortles threw were all shaky. Brock is capable of being better, especially with long passes, if he can just improve his accuracy.

8. Fantasma Negro

THEY BOTH SUCK AND THE FACT THAT THE TEXANS SIGNED BROCK AND O'BRIEN SWOONED OVER BORTLES TELLS ME HE'S NOT A VERY GOOD QB EVALUATOR. THAT WOULD EXPLAIN WHY SAVAGE HASN'T SEEN PLAYING TIME YET

KDavis likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I never said either was good. I just see more potential in Brock. Does that mean anything? Ask Bill.

10. Fantasma Negro

Means absolutely nothing, Brock is inaccurate, uncoordinated and unpoised, Blake is inaccurate with horrendous mechanics. They both suck. I honestly think Blake is better because he's not coached by Bill O'Brien

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This gave me a good chuckle :D

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No he didn't. Os looked very good in the 3rd game and gave a lot of us hope. I remember saying, "If this is the offense consistently throughout this season, we're going to win at least 12 games." He was on time and not forcing the ball to Hopkins. He looked smooth. I don't know what happened between then and week 1...but it went away.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Offense including Brock and the WRs looked great in preseason and then the season started. You know what changed, the complexity. Everyone always says that preseason is vanilla, both teams don't show anything. That's why I'm optimistic. These same players didn't lose their talent, they just lost the ability to show it consistently because the offense and defenses are much more complicated. Chances are the QB and WR group will continue to "figure" it out as the season goes on.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What happened is that Brock easily succumbs to pressure.

Unfortunately, he's got to overcome that or he will be a nothing his entire career.

It very easily explains what happened in the first few road games.

16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Wrong. Losing 4/5th of your starting offensive line explains everything. Without a steady 4-5 yard per carry run game, the play action is neutered. Our offense lives and dies by the play action. The play action is even more important with a terrible offensive line - as he doesn't have time for five and seven step drops.

Brock is 11-5 as a starter. I'm guessing the people that want to sit him are the same ones that think sitting Prescott in Dallas is a good idea too.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

McNair needs to step in and make Savage the starter. He stepped in and made Keenum the starter and that's what he needs to do with Savage. My guess is that it was McNair/Smith that wanted Osweiler in the first place, so BOB will probably be happy with the change. We need to see what Savage can do, this would be a good time. Osweiler will be unhappy, but he's had his chance, so I really don't care.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Real games started

mario_v likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At this point savage is not going to get a shot.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Not saying he should or shouldn't but we are in a tough position because we are still in the hunt for a top three seed