1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Eric Gordon now.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At this point .. . why not

Rocket River

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not against starting EG. In fact I am on record before the season started as thinking he was going to start. The skill set EG brings to the Rockets is what they NEED on the floor with JH & CP. They need a THIRD guy that can put the ball on the floor along with shoot. Having the troika of Ennis/Tucker/Capela and their inability to create anything really bogs down the team. This of course is why going after Jimmy Butler made a ton of sense. And also why we brought up Bazemore in the past. Rockets are better served with starting THREE guys that can create versus TWO.

All of that said.....the Rockets biggest issues now are REBOUNDING and TURNOVERS. So starting EG, does that solves that? Not really. Getting a better "rebounder" in Ennis' position could help. Having a better back up PF for Tucker to keep Tucker fresher would help.

s3ts, Deckard and Batman Jones like this.
  3. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

Or trade him for a young pg that will bring energy with Harden...im sorry guys this not worth 160mil..

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Starting when he did gave him a big boost. With the current troubles I'm disappointed each game to see the same starting lineup. I think coach needs to let go of some of his habits, one of them being sticking to a plan long after it's stopped working.

Our bench troubles would be even worse, it's true, but ideally there's a way to stagger scorers in the rotation so we're not talking about a binary thing: starters and bench.

I think MDA needs to get a lot more creative with rotations and in-game adjustments.

I'd absolutely start EG in place of Ennis now and see if it might improve both players' games. Maybe Ennis steps up if he's our top bench scorer. We already know EG tends to step up when he starts.

We also know this was the starting lineup MDA wanted to get to but hasn't because of poor bench production. I'm grasping at straws like everyone invested in Rocket is lately, but we need a change and this change would at least improve our starting 5 significantly even if our bench takes a hit.

I'd be rotating our 3 guards in and out of the lineup with much more regularity than MDA is. So far he's only made one real adjustment to the rotation from last year and that's to bring EG in early for Paul. That feels like a half-measure to me.

I'm not qualified to criticize any player or coach or GM or owner. I'm not smart enough about basketball to feel I know better than they do, any of them.

But we clearly need something to change and we need to get good production out of our 3 guards. To me, this is the most obvious way to do that.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree with all of this. Still think that unless/until we have a roster change, this is the best thing to try to combat current problems.

JoeBarelyCares and Deckard like this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sure. Go for it.

But the rotationt ain’t the problem homie

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

If you trade for Holiday you have to start Gordon. I’m done watching Ennis who should be on the damn bench just like every other scrub we got on it. That makes 9 unplayable guys that DM has brought in smfh.

pauebtg likes this.
  8. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

[​IMG]

Start me!!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

It either this option or move tucker to the 3 since he is getting killed on the glass, and chuck in someone like hartenstein at the 4.....come on we need to make a change!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is the kind of FUN he wants.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

and get left with no bench with the already ZERO bench production you get this year lmfaoooooooooo

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Gordon as of now produces negative bench production

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

exactly my point

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I've always believed you put your best 5 on the court ( See Carmelo ), but only so long as it makes sense to do so positionally. It doesn't really work with our Rockets. We just create more problems.

15. wesbound

wesbound Member

Gordon for Love?? Do we really not have enough injury prone players? wtf.
    Starting Gordon means our bench will end up being scoreless...

Gordon had said something like "we're not using the players to their strength or using them properly".. Does anyone have more info about this?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, well.....

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

18. ApuN

ApuN Member

Wow, this is a damn joke
    So sad...

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

About ****ing time ... Doing the same thing over and over is insanity.

Do. Something.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

(OK, Not really.)