1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starbucks closing stores after 2 black men arrested

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Since this has gone on 11 pages, maybe there is something incompatible with gentrification and the previous neighborhood dynamic.

It turns out that a lot of black people have been arrested in this area, accounting for a large number of crimes.

BTW, this took place in Philly, which was not part of the confederacy, and therefore this could not have been a racist incident.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you don't care about the quote why did you ask me to show you the quote?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You should have more info before making that claim. At least tell us if it really is a ghetto in redevelopment and what that ghetto was and it's rep

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No bobrek

Step by step my bad

Show me a quote of mine where I care about that guy losing his job

You are posting like I care Starbucks fired him. I understand part of your point is Starbucks is making the point he didn't follow their mission.

I'm making the point its probably something with that individual store

But then it seems like you are saying I feel he shouldn't have been fired

Personally I really don't like to see people lose jobs but I don't care this case. I don't know enough about the entire scenario to care

5. bobrek

My MAIN point in responding to your posts is that you admit the incident was due to race yet you said no injustice was done. Those two statements are contradictory and how you can't see that is beyond me. Throw everything else about this situation out the window. Ignore the overpriced Starbucks menu. Ignore what happened to the manager. Ignore the Chief Executive. Ignore what their policy may or may not be. And, please explain how you say there is no injustice when two guys are asked to leave and the police are called and there is no doubt in your mind it is due to race. I'm slow. Break that down for me. Step by step.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why are you going back to this. It maybe injustice. They can't prove that cause they were in violation of a policy of policy and the manager can just say that

Before we go over this same stupidity for 300 posts answer why the police aren't in trouble if there was no reason to arrest them

Didn't say it wasn't injustice
    Said it didn't matter

You forgot those 100 posts from last night already old man?

7. bobrek

I'M the one who forgets?

There is no injustice. All they had to do was leave. They weren't buying anything.

Starbucks closing stores after 2 black men arrested

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You should read the article, there's plenty of relevant information in there.

As to your assumptions, that's my issue with them, they are complete assumptions. You implying that these two did something wrong comes out of way left field. Even the woman says the worst thing they did was dare try to use the restroom. Yet, you're suggesting these people decided to sit in a starbucks, try to get kicked out, so that they can sue?

If there was anyone from the incident that said these two were being loud, obnoxious , or whatever, fine. But from videos we see that there are people standing up for them, the women calls the cops on them, she doesn't even say they are disturbing others, just that they refuse to buy anything and leave the store.

I don't know if she's racist, I do think that she stereotyped these 2 guys as being a problem or there to start problems, grew suspicious of them, and so confronted them about buying something which started this entire thing.

You don't have to be racist to stereotype black people, in fact, plenty of black people do it to other black people. Unless she has a history of it, I don't know. This definitely looks like a racial profiling thing given all that we've seen or heard. I've yet to see any evidence claiming otherwise.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Old man why aren't the police in trouble about injustice?

They do have to actually make the arrest right?

They have to have a reason right?

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Thread about some social issue? BLACK PEOPLE WERE INVOLVED??????

[​IMG]

LET THE HORN OF HELM HAMMERHAND SOUND IN THE DEEP!
    [​IMG]

R0ckets03 likes this.
  11. bobrek

It is clear you are not willing to address the statements YOU made.

2 black guys were asked to leave, and the police were called.
    pgabriel says there is NO DOUBT in his mind it was due to race.
    furthermore, pgabriel says no injustice was done.

Regardless of what actions officials take or don't take in this situation, YOU say it is not injustice to do this due to race. Injustice is not limited to the police. We all know justice. You are OK with with this even though you have no doubts it was due to race.

(and feel free to call me 'old man' all you want. It's especially amusing when you used it in reference to my memory, when you were the one who forgot you said no injustice was done)

justtxyank likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wear that "old man" like a badge of honor Bobrek. Amusing that this cat is trying to get under your skin with it haha.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Old man it doesn't man is what I said

Im sorry your senility is causing you to forget

I said it doesn't matter cause they can't prove injustice because apparently there was legit reason to arrest them.

This is basically a repeat of a post last night

I understand elders need help

Consider moving on to the senior clutchfans circuit

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is asking me to repeat the same argument from last night

Obsession or senility

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not making fun of senility

Am making fun of bobrek

But I'll chill on senility. I know it's rough in real life sorry

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yep, after getting around to seeing the video and reading the story...definitely shouldn't have happened. They didn't deserve to be arrested. Although theres no way this would've happened to me. If I was asked to buy something or leave, and I don't want to buy... I leave. But that's me. The whole situation shouldn't have happened...but obviously the manager is at fault here.

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek

In all seriousness. You hound me in all these threads with hundreds of questions

I answer all of them

You totally ignore my one simple question

I considered you obsessive. Never an ass hole but I guess so

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Why didn't they buy a cup of coffee?

19. bobrek

Oh believe me, I do. Retired before hitting 60. Go to sleep when I want, wake up when I want. Don't have to worry about vacation as I can go on trips when I want. Go see the grandkids when I want. Tend to run 20 miles a week. No longer worried about work. Funny how I get dinged for my "memory", yet I have also been dinged for remembering things from years ago. Oh, the irony. Both kids are done with college and have families and lives of their own. The only downside to getting old is your friends and family start to decline in their health.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Funny how I answer your obsessive questions in every thread and you can't answer one

Then you gonna talk ****?