1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Real Stormtroopers look so great. Those Shadow Stormtroopers look so bad ass. The Force Awakens Stormtroopers looked really cheesy and campy to me. They all looked fat and bulky and the mask looks like it has a smile whereas the orginal mask looks like a skull. I love seeing different variations/camouflage/ranks of OT troopers.

Space Trooper with those jet packs floating out in space.

Aquatic Assault Stormtroopers under water.

Armored Stormtroopers bringing the big guns.

Evo Troopers.

Jump troopers with the Boba Fett like jett packs.

Camouflaged Scout Troopers like in ROTS(my fave look)

There was no reason to change the Storm Troopers for TFA IMO. It would have been super cool if they were all battle torn and beat up armor for this new trilogy instead of the shiny, pristine armor they had in the OT because the Empire has been weakened greatly. Instead they still look like the Empire untouched. That was one of my biggest problems with TFA. It was still too pretty like the prequels, though better, just not quite right. Rogue One looks perfect. The lighting and sets all look like real OT scenes. Hopefully Rian Johnson does a better job with the look in Ep 8 and also brings back the old Stormtrooper design or creates something more practical and modern since the First Order trained troopers seem to be wiped out?

The sad thing is that i don't think we will ever see Stormtroopers actually be bad ass like Clone Troopers were. Here they are again getting the snot beat out of them by 1 woman and a guy with a stick while they have blasters and the numbers haha..I need to see these Directors hire our troops/ Navy Seals etc to wear Stormtrooper outfits so they actually look and move like real trained warriors.

The whole part in ANH makes Kenobi look completely clueless as if he's never fought Stormtroppers before. A civilian can take down 10 stromtroopers from the looks of the movies, but ol Ben is like "these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise." Luke probably beat up many off duty troopers at the Tosche station.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Watch the trailer again. He's clearly kneeling downward.

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm hoping for the same. Maybe a cameo, but the brunt of the story needs to come from the unsung heroes

4. VanityHalfBlack

Wow, teaser looked better than TFA. Not a lot of **** going on going to a thousand planets, stuff blowing up left and right and all that ****. It's straight up a mission's movie, do you accept. Donnie yen kicking some ass. Ghost Dog, come on, Ghost Dog is the mother****** ****.

5. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rml5ehAl7SM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Definitely Palpatine...because it was the real Empire, and the Royal Imperial Guards in red.

It will feel different because it didn't show any Jedis, Vader, or Skywalkers. And yet, that is exactly what intrigues me and has me very interested!

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

I totally forgot about Jimmy Smits. Senetor Bail Organa and his wife totally need to be in this movie. I assume if this is 5 years before ANH, Leia would only be like what? 13 years old or less?

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Return of the Jedi, when she was discussing Death Star II and how she was informed that Emperor Palpatine was on the station to personally oversee the completion of its construction.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

What do you guys think. Should the spinoffs have the main storyline movie fanfare and scrolling text and end the movies the same also? The cut scenes with shapes, etc. Should they keep every Star Wars movie the same?

10. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Yes, this is the original Death Star, and seeing it in this teaser shows it was never fully completely built. Because this is in the 19-year gap from III and IV, we know the Death Star won't be destroyed.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes, I see.

Still think it could just be the emperor... kneeling to activate the hologram machine? Maybe he had another master?

Who knows... doesn't look like vader.

12. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I love how it should have that feeling like the empire wins...Like at the end of ESB

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

But he starts to kneel down. Why would Palpatine kneel for anyone? He's the head honcho now.

I'm starting to think it's some other character/villain we don't know about yet - and he's kneeling to Palpatine or Palpatine's hologram.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

looks like we have yet another Mary Sue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

15. i3artow i3aller

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8_WLZ0KMBHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Nero

Nero Member

I'm not so sure this is 5 years before.. they steal the plans and beam them to Leia. That tells me it is basically just before the beginning of IV, not years prior.

--

Also, on an unrelated note, apparently Mads is playing the heroine's father, the designer of the Death Star, which could explain why she is all rebellious and wanting to help steal the plans, as she likely has heard all about how it will be able to destroy entire planets, and she can't just sit idly by and not try to do SOMETHING about it.

Maybe? :grin:

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Good Trailer. I'm in. Seemed to lack that awe inspiring moment like a downed destroyer or partially built enterprise, but thought it looked like a lot of fun.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm hoping that the main character crossovers are limited to:
    Vader and Tarkin

The rest of the universe has so much to delve into. If they want the others to appear it should be cameo type stuff. Would be hilarious if they did a CGI aging trick to do a Han Solo spot like Wolverine did in that XMen movie where he told Professor X to F off. Beyond that, no need for any of them in this film.

But Vader. They need Vader. Vader is the best character in the universe. To do a film in an era where he still alive and is at his peak without him would be such a waste.