1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Certainly the best CG humans so far but the uncanny valley is deep.

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I thought it was extremely well done. They handled it beautifully considering it was completely obvious what was going to happen.

They kept the suspense up. I was completely in the movie. I thought the characters were great and the CGI, for the most part, was excellent, but I'm not exactly one of those guys that gets wrapped up in that.

The ending was awesome. It was a really good movie, and well worth seeing.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Finally saw it today for the first time. Going back through pages in this thread, I find myself agreeing with most of you guys.

First 2/3rd of the movie had pacing issues but the last 30 minutes are perfect.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Young Tony Stark(RDJ) looked better in Civil War.

Not even close. The 2 CGI faces in RO looked like cartoons in comparison.

whiskeyred likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was disappointed. This is the first time in many years that I won't be seeing a Star Wars flick at least twice during it's first week of release.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i can't wait to watch this movie. will it still be out come new year? i'm afraid i won't be able to watch it anytime soon. torrenting/streaming it is not an option.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol bruh, I will watch it again in January. I came late and watched only the end.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Outlier

Outlier Member

They had more to work with on that young RDJ. Hint: he was alive

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Scorsese is doing the same with De Niro and Pacino in his next movie, should be cool.

10. Bandwagoner

RDJ was alive, you had HIS motion capture (and voice), when he talked he was facing away and then in profile. Movement is what puts you in uncanny valley.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

man... imagine the endless possibilities of them using that technology to make teh pr0nz using past celebrities in their prime like sharon stone, farrah fawcett, lynda carter, etc.

12. waste55

waste55 Member

I didn't really like it. More below
    The Bad:
    • CGI Tarkin looked like a character from The Polar Express. Was unneeded as a character IMO. If truly needed should have used him less.
    • Death star plans kept in an arcade vending machine.
    • Too many member berries thrown in (Mos Isley thugs, unneeded C3P0 and R2, "I have a bad f-" Nope gotcha!)
    • Vader looked like a bad Halloween costume in the first scene with him.
    • Musical score pretty meh
    • "Hope" x 1000
    • Now one just needs a little bit of Force knowledge and you can run out of a battlefield un-harmed...oh but then die right after.
    The Good:
    • Vader taking out rebels. But would liked to see him result in a death of an actual character not just rebel scrubs.
    • Dog fight camera angles were great.
    • Good explanation of the simple and obvious death star design flaw.
    • Props and costumes were great (minus Vader). Liked seeing simple hardware with visible pin-outs etc.

13. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

This. I had a classmate who did a study on the subject. A lot of people look at someones mouth when a person speaks, but others pretty much just look at the eyes. I'm in the latter group & didn't notice much wrong really.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

Well yeah, he has a plain white T-shirt on. Easier to utilize the CG for that.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Honestly shocked at some of the complaints but to each their own. Like I said earlier, I'm not a SW fanboy by any means and I loved it, itching to watch it again......

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

your review didn't mention how you felt about the fan service in this but you specifically mention it in TFA. I found it more distracting in this as the second film and it was used more in the way of shiny objects. Plus I kinda wanted it in TFA. Thoughts?

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Or they could use it when teh favourite pr0n stars retire and revive them digitally in full glory.

Jontro likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The fan service didn't bother me as much as in Rogue One as it did in TFA. My main problem with the TFA was that there were whole sequences that were mirrored with new people. Mind you, I enjoyed TFA the first time I saw it but on the 2nd watch at home, I found it almost as unbearable as Adam Driver..... It helps overall that I liked the cast of characters and actors more in Rogue One than TFA.

I hated Star Trek Into Darkness for a lot of the same reasons I really started to dislike TFA.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

thus will mark the end of any productivity in the life of jontro

Yung-T likes this.
  20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Saw it yesterday and enjoyed the hell out of it.