1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, I will admit that I love me some Liam Neeson so portions of Menace has my approval, If that helps anything. :/

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

While I liked Liam in his SW role, I was watching I think the last episode (III) in the prequels and I just wasn't buying what Ewan McGregor was selling as Obi-Wan. It may be because he was acting along side with Hayden Christensen and they both seemed highly unbelievable and fake in their deliveries. I guess it was too much green screen for both of them as well to pull it off. It was cringe worthy all around.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Funny you say that, in my experience Ewan's performance has always been one of the things most people liked about the prequels. Even the most staunch prequel haters usually acknowledge that Ewan did a good job as Obi-Wan.

Surfguy likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Imo, it depends on who he was acting alongside. I just had some of those "oh brother" moments watching some of his scenes and lines with Hayden. His delivery at times felt totally bland and void of emotion. It felt faker than it should of. I liked his scenes when he was acting with Liam better.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree. Ewan was one of the redeeming parts.

Even Hayden was ok though in episode 3 once it got dark. No great but ok. So source material and style play a role.

Thought Portman was crap throughout. Jackson was meh. Palpatine was decent.

Yaosthirdleg and mfastx like this.
  6. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/s...y-darth-vader-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Ewan 10
    Liam 10
    Alec 10
    Anthony Daniels 10
    Harrison 10
    Daisy 9
    Billy Dee 8
    Adam 8
    John 7
    Hayden 7 ( bad material is all )
    Samuel 7
    Mark 7
    Carrie 7
    Christopher 6 ( dooku )
    Ian 5
    Natalie 4
    Jake 2

#368 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

How dare you, sir?

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Hayden is like a 3 or 4 at best. Bad material or not, he is a terrible actor.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Portman is amazing but Padme was a lame character who got more helpless and pathetic with each film.

In episode 3 pretty much all she did was worry, cry, then die after giving birth because of a broken heart. I mean, ****. You just gave birth to twins! Doesn't that motivate you somewhat to try to live?!?!?!

11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Got my reserve tickets, but had to get them for the Friday 10:30 pm 3d showing. I was so busy on Monday I forgot to reserve my opening seats. Taking a pass on the IMAX this year.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Donnie Yen looks like a total badass in the latest tv spot/clip I saw. Dude is kicking some ass.

13. VanityHalfBlack

If they use him right, Donnie Yen will make all the action scenes bad ass. Holy **** can't wait my ninjas!!

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Here lies the body of knote32. A fool if I ever knew one!

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. Surfguy

If you are just going off the original trilogy, then I really don't see much separation between Harrison, Mark, and Carrie in any of the 3 movies. Nobody at the time was going "oh Harrison is much better than Mark and Carrie in these films". The fact is they were all inexperienced actors at the time who did a fine job selling their characters to viewers. They all came off as equals and equally successful in their roles. If you are counting all films up to this point, then Harrison would no longer be a 10 after SW:TFA. So, yea, disagreeing with your ratings here.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Christopher Lee below Hayden?

Liam and Ewan 10 out of 10 and topping the list? Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia have the same rating as Hayden? Bro...

"I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!" :)

Oh gawdddddd...

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Actually, I feel Mark was pretty mediocre in Episode IV. I love the movies, but his acting is far from stellar in that film. On the other hand, Carrie and Harrison added a real flair and personality to their roles immediately - likely because of their previous acting experience. Mark did get better as the trilogy went on, but in the Episode IV he was just as much of a cardboard cutout as Hayden in Episode II.

I think Ewan is the best casting personally. I'm a bit biased because I love Ewan in countless other roles, and Obi-wan is easily my favorite character in the canon - but he wore Jedi will.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"

Yeah....not exactly Robert De Niro.

I would have to go with Ian McDiarmid. Watching him slowly transform into the Emperor was more compelling to me that watching Anakin turn into Vader. His acting in the opera scene in III was one of my favorite moments of the entire saga. That and the final scene in VI where he was happily watching Luke and Vader fight were both money.

"And now, young Skywalker......you will die....."

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can't keep track of all these trailers, but here's another:

mikol13 and jsingles like this.