1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STAR WARS I

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 30, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

...because of the father relationship...blood relation, same reason he could sense ans summon Leia towards him as he laid at the bottom of cloud city in peril...

I have a thought and a question....

thought: It is pretty remarkable Lucas had the foresight to envision "cloning" being a future event that so coincided with the next movie...I mean really in the late 70's, most people had little or any discussion of this cloning business. Now it's in reality a serious thing. There is constant mention of the dangers of cloning in the news, so kudos to Lucas to apply this several years ago...

Question: At the end of return of the Jedi...Vader says again to Luke that he can destroy the Emporer, and together they could rule the galaxy as father and son....Does this mean Vader wanted to stab the emporer in the back when the time was right so he could be #1 or what???

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Just like Yoda said: Hard to see, the Dark Side is. Also, no one knew who the Sith Master was. Everyone knew who Vader was and what his role is.

That's exactly what it means.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

My questions include....

How was Annakin Born? Surely he has a father. If he didn't, that would create a major hole in the story. They will need to address this. Maybe it's the Senator or Darth Maul, maybe not, but by episode 9 they will need to clear this up for me. It would have to be someone evil enuff to enslave his wife and child. Or perhaps someone good enuff to hide them...just like Luke. If so, then one one of the Jedi spawned him in secret. Yoda perhaps, he seemed pretty sure that the kid was trouble....

Who was Luke's Mother? Was it the Queen/Princess? And if it was, how did he end up on the planet with his Uncle while his sister went on to become a Princess. And what of the uncle, why was he a farmer when the whole family was royalty.

How will Annakin turn to the Darkside? I'm guessing that the Queen or mother will be killed, in turn pissing him off, but if so, who would do it? surely not the Jedi. It would have to be the sneaky Senator who kills someone.

How could Darth Maul Die so easily? Was he so dumb that he couldn't anticipate Obi One's manuever. It's like he wanted to die, or at the very least, realized at the last momment that it was his destiny.

If Han solo isn't a Jedi, won't he contaminate the bloodlines of the Jedi when he gets together with Leia? Somehow I think he's part of the mix.

4. Lynus302

Damn dude, didn't you watch the movie? According to the story, there was no father. Anakin was conceived in his mother entirely of the Force. Also, George Lucas has said several times that this is the final trilogy, i.e. there will be no Episodes 7-9.

Luke and Leia will be born of Anakin Skywalker and Queen Amidala. In the original trilogy, we learn that Luke and Leia were split up after their birth and hidden from Darth Vader and the Emperor. How all that actually comes about remains to be told, which is the purpose of the current trilogy.

Again: how all that actually comes about remains to be told, which is the purpose of the current trilogy.

Yeah, this part was rather screwy in the minds of most. He had to die though, so that the Emperor/Palpatine would have to find a new apprentice. There will be another apprentice in Attack of the Clones, who will obviously die at some point so that Anakin can become Darth Vader.

Unless Lucas decides to make a third trilogy and really get crazy, Solo will never be revealed to have and Jedi powers. No one ever hinted at that any more than Chewbacca having Jedi capabilities. As for the bloodline, that has nothing to do with this: Luke and Leia will be born of Anakin, who is very powerful in the Force and Amidala, who as far as anyone knows has no such capabilities.

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I heard Darth Maul may be returning soon.

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It will be certainly interesting to see the apparent character development of Boba Fett...Some have speculated its a she, rather than he...that there are definite ties to Han Solo to be revealed...and so on and so forth.

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Jar Jar was horrible, really hurt the movie. But the reason it wasn't as good as most were expecting was because Lucas really isn't that good a director. Great imagination and creative mind, but not that great behind the camera.

I'm hoping for better things from the second one.

8. Ren

Ren Member

Darth Maul is the coolest character in all of the Star War movies,imo!

Even Boba Fett;)

He is a badass, when they 1st release the pilots and then start walking to the doors and they open with a standing Darth Maul behind them, then Qui-Gon says "we'll handle this",thats my favorite part, then the music start before they start fighting, Maul puts both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to shame,imo.

Jake Llyod is the sorriest actor I have ever seen, I dont care that he is a kid, he SUCKS and I hope the little gut would read this so he might try in find a new career.Jar-Jar wasent bad at all,specially compared to the kids acting!!!

9. Lynus302

About Boba Fett:
    The guy you've seen in the trailers is not Boba Fett. Its another bounty hunter named Jango Fett. Some have speculated that he is Boba's father, but at the moment, the actual relationship is known only to real insiders. Boba Fett will be in the movie though, and the relationship between the two bounty hunters is one of the side plots in the movie. The reason they look the same is the suit is not Boba Fett-specific. Its the battle-armor of the Mandalorian Super Commandos, who supposedly play a role in the Clone Wars.

Yes, I'm a Star Wars geek. 100% Fanboy. Ya'll should see my action figure collection. :D

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Is it possible the emporer/senator is the sith master???

Hopefully Maul will be back.

Also is Jabba in the second ep??? and will he have been in the back paddock feasting between eps 1 and 2?

11. Lynus302

How is it NOT possible that Palpatine is Darth Sidious? Senator Palpatine=Emperor Palpatine. The Emperor's name is Emperor Palpatine, though that wasn't really talked about much, much like Princess Leia's last name being Organa.

Maul is dead. The end. One name I've heard for the new apprentice is Darth Rage.

I don't know anything about Jabba. The Hutt in Ep I (Pod Race scene) was Zorba the Hutt.

12. Lynus302

This just in:

Queen Amidala is no longer the Queen of Naboo. She is now Senator Amidala, representing Naboo with (gag) General (gag again) Jar Jar Binks, who represents the Gungans of Naboo.

The new Sith Apprentice will be named Darth Tyranus.

Boba Fett is the first of the clones. He is a clone of the aforementioned Jango Fett.

And in case ya'll forgot, Senator Palpatine is no longer Senator, but Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, which he became near the end of Ep I. One step closer to becoming the Emperor.

Also:
    Shmi Skywalker (Anakin's mother) marries some guy by the name of Lars (his first name eludes me). The names of Luke's aunt and uncle on Tattoine were Beru and Owen Lars, so that is where the relationship lies. Owen was Luke's step-uncle, in effect. No word yet whether there is any relationship to Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich. :D

#32 Lynus302, Dec 2, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2001