1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SR610] Daryl Morey Presser LIVE right now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wstar, Feb 19, 2009.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I didn't listen the whole time. Did Adelman speak?

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

from the video on rockets.com its only Morey at the conference

3. Olajuwon2Yao

Olajuwon2Yao Member

Artest might want to sign back it really depends, He's loyal to the teams he plays for. I want Artest back on this team, I don't know why you Morey said he's not planning on re-signing Artest, that's really dumb.

If we ever get Iverson, Chances are I am likely to no longer be a fan, as Die hard as I am, this is one of the few chances the Rockets have of winning a title and Iverson would not help.

4. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Translation: Artest will be gone. Otherwise, there's no way we get another top player (since it looks like they will stick with Tmac).

5. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Thanks Egghead.

I see Bibby, Odom, Sheed like possible signings. I still can't understand the trade.

6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Huh? When Rafer was out and those other guys played, the team played worse. If the other guys were better than him they would have started.

Lowry may come in and do a fantastic job for us. I hope he does. But alot of the fans here are way too caught up in Rafer's lack of scoring and under value his other assests. Don't get me wrong, he isn't irreplaceable. I was just hoping to get a much more clear cut upgrade, and getting someone who shoots 10% worse from 3 PT range isn't what came to mind there.

7. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I think Lowrys defense is elite will eventually make him the starter. Lowry may not be able to shoot but he can get to hole and finish. AB has better offensive skills and I think will be a better offensive spark off the bench. But I think Adelman will run this pg situation, by committee and according to match ups. Overall I think we made Are team better. We now have a much younger (LOWRYS 22 Rafer 32) athletic, and versatile back court.

I loved Rafer as a rocket but he didn't really have An X factor to his game. Was far too inconsistent and had already topped out as far as what he could contribute at the point. And what he could contribute wasn't enough.

8. mms

mms Member

Lowry is a poor man's A Miller.

9. ThaShark316_28

Yeah ok, cuz you saw Ron being traded for, didn't you?

10. redao

redao Member

when Rafer was out, Brooks was playing like a good PG and team was 5:1. that's a clear cut. Still, Rafer got the start. Brooks went on his slump.

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Bibby
    McGrady (Hopefully healthy even though hes pissing me off now)
    Battier (Healthier)
    Scola (Improved)
    Yao (Mr. Consistent)

And our deep bench, I'm starting to like next year already but it's going to depend on Mr. McGrady being healthy and regaining his (atleast 2007-2008 season form).

12. michecon

Wa?

BTW, they did offer Ron.

13. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Thanks to those that did the recap.

14. ThaShark316_28

Rockets aint signin Bibby unless ATL finds a HUGE upgrade at PG...and even if ATL does...Rockets still aint gettin him.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They said when TMac comes back, or if he does they have that top player, but in the mean time they need to look for another one.....which could mean a S&T for Ron, or they trade Tmac as a contract this summer.

DD

16. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Besides Lowry was a steal in the draft. Went in the late rounds Like Rondo. I think marcus williams was drafted before both of them and we see how thats turned out.

I've watched Lowry since college and he always seems to leave his mark on the game given the opportunity. He's shown flashes in the league, but I think playing for the Grizz. A franchise which really has had no direction since he's been there. Really hurt him as a player, because he never really got the opporunity to play consistently on a team that cares.

I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Rondo, but look what happened to Rondo when was given the opporunity with some serious vets. They said all the same things about Rondo. Can't shoot, not a true point guard, etc. Look at him now.

I wanted to get this guy out of college. I think he's going to produce some positve game changing things for this team.

17. ThaShark316_28

I was basically sayin that no one really saw the Artest deal coming for the scraps we gave up...well not scraps but close enough.

18. GOAT

GOAT Member

he will get a midlevel deal at best next year trust me

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I love how some people judge Lowry because he played on the Grizzles.

We traded a 32 year old player for a 22 year old player.

Kyle Lowry is going to be fine here. Great post about the Rondo comparison.

20. michecon

I highly doubt situations like Artest scenario are something you can plan for. So then why come out and state that now.

However, DD may have a point. They may as well trade Tmac if they can. But the way I see it, they will run this Yao-Tmac experiment to the end.