1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs win doesn't say much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketMAD, Mar 21, 2019.

1. biina

biina Member

Actually I am more worried about the reverse.

Driving takes a bigger toll than jumpshots. if he is fatigued going into the playoffs, driving will only make it worse, and being fatigued reduces the lift for the jumpshot, screwing things over both ways. Add the risk of injury to our only superstar and I am not so crazy about seeding

Seeding is good if you can afford it but it doesn't make up for losing the only superstar player we have.

Harden will likely go into the playoffs with the highest mpg and total minutes. He also has the highest usage rate. All that load will come to roost sooner or later.

He needs a breather before the intensity of the playoffs, else people shouldnt accuse him of choking when his productivity drops heavily.

smp likes this.
  2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yeah I just don’t see the Rockets losing to the Spurs in the playoffs this year. Harden will play and there is absolutely no viable scenario I can see the Rockets losing.

I think the Rockets will go ALL the way this year to finish off where they left off last year CP3 health withstanding.

The reg season is what it is at this point. It all starts over when the playoffs start and that is the sort of “reset” the Rockets need psychologically after a near disasterous wasted season.

Rockets will win. As long as they are healthy they will win it all. I’m sorry if I don’t share your somewhat bleak “realist” outlook regarding the Rockets. They WILL win because they HAVE to.

There’s really nothing you can say to argue or rebut my statement.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. varughese.arun

we actually SUCKED in that game. Thank God for James harden.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  4. biina

biina Member

Its right to be blindly optimistic, while I reserve the right to be a realist.

It is no coincidence that Pop has multiple rings and has kept the Spurs competitive over the years, while MDA is yet to win a single chip. Pop doesnt run his stars into the ground for some regular season result or seeding.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

And yet his guys get injured just like anyone else

6. biina

biina Member

and yet his guys have more longevity than most.

That fatigue increases the likelihood of injury is common knowledge.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Another loss to a bad team. Dallas by over 30 points.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sad.gif

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

the “I claim to be a fan but hate everything about the team and only come here to make whiny/b*tchy posts” schtick from OP is boring and played out...get some new material please

sirbaihu likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

bubblewrap has been one of the best kept secrets