1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs vs. Thunder - 2012 Western Conference Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, May 21, 2012.

?

Who wins the series?

Poll closed May 27, 2012.
  1. Spurs in 4

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Spurs in 5

14 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Spurs in 6

45 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. Spurs in 7

26 vote(s)
    14.2%
  5. OKC in 4

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. OKC in 5

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. OKC in 6

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  8. OKC in 7

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Franchize

Franchize Member

I wish we had crowds like that.

2. zzpot

zzpot Member

Ok did post too soon the winner of the east... I hope Boston can do it is all... and if Miami wins the I root for the Thunder still.

3. cuddie

cuddie Member

I like Durant; I would root for OKC in the finals. But Derek Fisher...my god. I don't want him to get another ring...WHY DID THE THUNDER SIGN HIM!??!?!

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lulz im just hoping the celts close it out

lets calm down for a second a lot of emotions are running through me right now (no homo)

5. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

i'm too lazy to go back to posts, but im sure the people who are saying "screw the thunder fans. they aint die hards." "they dont deserve a team" "cant wait to see how their fans are when they are bad" wanted the spurs to win.

haters gonna hate

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

As an OSU alum, I have to politely disagree.

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

He's always been like that.

Durant is unbelievably humble... name another star player that brings his mom to a freking NBA game. Kevin Durant is grounded

I remmeber an interview when Kevin Durant was at Texas, and they were interviewing Rick Barnes. "Rick Barnes said he told Kevin Durant that we lost a LOT of talent the year before to the NBA Draft.. So if you come to Texas were gonna depend on you a lot this year as a freshman"... KD's reply was... "OK coach i'll try"

8. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

we only have 1/4 of that. aka the red rowdies. haha

9. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Technically they did have one when they went 23-59. Maybe "diehard" was a bit much but the comment was more towards that atmosphere they have, that's just not going to go away when they start sucking (which may not be for awhile). They are the only pro sports team in town. If you can create a "college atmosphere" in pro sports, that is a passionate fan base.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Nope. The East side of Oklahoma is dominated by OSU fans. Fierce rivalry. The Cowboy fans would actually prefer for the Sooners to lose when they're not playing them.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

damn, that statement could be said about the Spurs and the Jazz of past. And I hate both those teams.

Don't tell people why they must like somebody just because it makes sense to you. smh

It's Texas, man. Some people don't like Oklahoma fans. They grew up that way. jeez...do you not know anything?

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

We need the Rockets to be the only pro sports team in the state. So no Spurs/Mavs and no MLB/NFL teams..
    "State teams" with no other teams to root for get a ton of support, see the Jazz, Thunder, and the Blazers..teams with the best home crowds.

13. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

How would Kevin McHale deal with a stubborn player like Russell Westbrook... END OF STORY

Scott Brooks is an excellent coach, and he relates to the new era of the NBA player

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ray Allen? Unless he's not a star.

I've seen LeBron James kiss his mom in the locker room / hallway area after he finishes his post-game interviews, too.

15. Ashes

Ashes Member

Durant gonna Durant

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I latched on to him about 8 games into his freshman season at UT and haven't let go. It's been an awesome ride, though his first two seasons were kind of tough to follow because of the losing. Been worth every minute watching him grow, improve, mature and the talent improve on the team year-over-year because of Presti.

I've never locked into a player as much as KD. I've never followed another team (besides the Rockets) like OKC the last 5 years.

I REALLY wish the Rockets would give us something big to cheer about. I like OKC a lot but it would be so much better if this was the Rockets.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ah, OK.

18. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Wow you and i are exactly alike.
    I was praying for a spurs/celtics finals matchup cuz I honestly think (and this is coming from a celtics fan for 33 years) that we have nothing left in the tank.

If celtics beat Miami tmrw somebody better run to the gas station and get some high-octane cuz boston cannot keep up the way they're playing for 5-10 more games especially against these athletic teams

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

We have Texans crowds like that, louder crowds. They don't have an NFL team. Nuff said. :)

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think it'll be hillarious for Fish to get another ring while Kobe and Co. are sitting at the house.

Hate him all you want, that dude comes up big in big moments. He had several daggers tonight and throughout this series. The Lakers should have kept him around. He may have been the difference for them against OKC if he was shooting those daggers for them instead of the other way around. I don't care for the guy, probably because he was a Laker for so long, but I do respect his game.