1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spurs vs. Heat] Popovich resting starters

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

The other way to look at this... Its not fair for the people to buy tickets to watch the top teams. They pay to see the best. If they know the Spurs are not sending the top stars, will they buy tickets at all? Its perfectly ok if its a Olympic game but NBA is a business. People buying tickets are your customers. Pop just cheated on their customers.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Disservice to the fans watching on TV and the fans who paid a lot of money to attend a competitive game including their favorite star players. It also sets a bad precedent for other teams.

3. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

What if they were really tired...

4. VBG

VBG Member

Spurs are still up 1.

4 games in 5 nights with a 6th game on a 7th night is tough for any team.

5. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

No....customers don't pay to see the "best players." Customers pay to see a basketball game. No where when you make that transaction does someone tell you that the game will be a good game, a competitive one, your team will win, or the best players will play.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

NBA scheduling is also a disservice to fans and teams, IMO.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I initially didn't care because he's done it before, but the ridiculous overreaction by Stern and some here make me love this move by Pop.

1 person likes this.
  8. hooroo

hooroo Member

The only team that needs to be fined in this game is the Heat. The Spurs are playing good ball while the Heat are not.

9. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I payed for many games to see Yao and Tmac.. typically they were always out.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If one team is at a disadvantage due to the NBA schedule requiring them to play 4 games in 5 nights, with the 5th one on the road, how is that a competitive game to begin with? It's not. That's fact. Other sports don't have this issue.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

TheFreak,

If the sanctions are dropping the Spurs from one or two nationally televised games, then Stern has every right to do that. Do you not agree with that?

The rest of your post about me and my presumed take is lame and false on every count.

next

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

The Miami Heat have the weakest schedule this season and it's not close. Some of that has to do with how bad the Southeast Division is, against whom they will play more games than any other contender, but the rest is just molly-coddling so that LeBron James can rest his widdle legs while other teams must labor on.

13. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I'm just surprised that this game isn't 64-24 Heat at halftime

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Gary Neal thinks he's Kobe taking all the shots for a whole 5 minute period.

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I will be so incredibly overjoyed if these lockout champions are put in their place by a team without starters, even if that means a win for yet another lockout champion.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The moment an NBA coach starts making decisions about his team based on the fans is the moment I lose all respect for him.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The NBA exists because of the fans. Without or without Greg this league will be OK. It won't be OK without the fans.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What is Stern's overreaction? We don't actually know, yet.

If Stern's sanctions are taking a nationally televised game away from the Spurs and giving it to a team who cares to perform, then is that really a "ridiculous overreaction."

btw: your whole post is disappointing. You basically said you don't have a take, but you like that Pops made fans angry???????

btwbtw: I'm willing to bet if JVG was doing this game, he'd tell off the Spurs.

#98 heypartner, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Stern should have kept his mouth shut until the game was over. If the spurs go out there and get dominated and play at a level way below nba ball then maybe stern should step in and sanction them. It looks ridiculous if the spurs compete and get sanctioned.

20. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

No he sat out the T mac of greece many games.