1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spurs vs. Heat] Popovich resting starters

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Nov 29, 2012.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stern's fining is ridiculous.

Also people being angry about this is hilarious. The coach should be able to manage his players however he'd like. What if Pop has played them for 6 minutes and then sat them down? Come on.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont care what stern does, but like i said there should be a rule agaisnt what pop did. when its a national televised game, specially as big as heat vs spurs, you gotta play your best players.

if they're injured or back from injury or some **** like that then w/e dont play them on b2b. but everyone's good enough to play hard for the spurs. i hope they make this rule in the offseason

3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also they're winning LOL

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you saying the league can't sanction the Spurs by dropping them from every Nationally Televised Game now.

Of course they can. If you aren't going to play a nationally televised game, the league should book another team.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Exactly. They were gonna lose anyway. They're old. They got spanked in the playoffs last year.

They have to try something different.

And the NBA scheduling sucks.

6. heypartner

We don't know if it's a fine. He said "sanctions."

The league has every right to define sanctions as dropping the Spurs from future nationally televised games. In fact, as a Rockets fan, I'll go so far to say that any team who does this should lose rights to televised games in favor of the teams who really cherish them.

Do you agree with that or not?

1 person likes this.
  7. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

I don't know who is smarter, sitting your top scorers Vs Heats early in the season or playing your starters 40+ minutes in a B2B game against the Thunders without Parsons....:confused:

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Pop just doesn't give a ****

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

It's quite unfair to the people who paid for Mr. PopoBITCH's salary. :mad:

10. Mr. Clutch

Huge difference. The Rockers are the youngest team in the NBA and need experience. Plus, they were playing for McHale.

Also, the Spurs will be a top seed in the playoffs with this loss. In contrast, the Rockets may need every win they can scrounge to make it in, and it would be valulable playoff experience if they do.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

hp, do you really think the Spurs care about being on national tv? Is that a joke?

12. Mr. Clutch

Is that up to the NBA or TNT?

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

HGH jaw is playing with a bad foot, so maybe it evens out?

14. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

The whole point is the Spurs don't care about nationally televised games. They win basketball games and championships. Only crappy teams think televised games are worth something.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

heypartner and his hatred for the Great Spurs franchise. Lol

16. heypartner

Which of my posts are you talking about?

I'm talking about they should care to play against the Heat. Jordan, Hakeem, AI, Kobe, Barkley, etc...no way you could keep them off the court for this game. But Parker and Ginobody are just p*****s and will roll over for Popovich.

this is not a joke.

Of course they should freaking care about suiting up to play the Heat and Lebron. You mean; you wouldn't? If I were Ginobody or Parker, no way any coach could stop me from playing in this game. Anyone who disagrees with that is a p***y, just like the Spurs.

17. heypartner

Bullsh!t. This is the Heat. You are saying they don't care about playing against Lebron James and the reigning champions.

Yeah, right. Oh, we don't care. Only lessor teams care about testing themselves against the best in the world. We don't need to do that. We don't need that attention.

riiiiiiiiight

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm talking about all your posts about dropping the Spurs from nationally televised games.

Where was happy hour tonight? Must be a good spot.

Why don't you admit that the NBA scheduling sucks? Do you not agree?

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

cant believe the POS wants to fine a coach for doing what he believes is best for his team...smh...

I do hope the Spurs mgmt/law team...fire back at Stern

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thats why Pop has the respect of his team...And players jump hoops to play for him...he watches out for his players...and gives every player a chance to play in his system...its why he wins...its why he has the best PF in the game still playing at a high level...