1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs reportedly shopping LaMarcus Aldridge!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jun 29, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think its evident that in the Rockets offense we need that big in the middle to be elite at one thing in particular.... rim running and sucking in the defense on the P&R with Harden & CP3.

With LMA, he plays the 5 in our offense or a stretch 4 which would be a horrible misuse of his talent & puts us in a bad spot defensively getting back on defense if he's in the corner. As a five, his strength will be as a pick and pop 5 big at the top of the key. This is nice, but it's going to rely on the threat of Harden and CP3 still being able to get to & score at the rim as they continue to age, and lose some of their ability to be physical going to the basket.

What Capela does for the offense is just incredibly important for our offense. LMA would upgrade him in alot of ways in the P&R as a 5, but I just have hesitation in believing LMA will be able to be as much of a threat as Capela or even Nene is at scoring at the rim. I think defenses will stay home on the shooters instead of sagging in the paint because of the threat of a rim running like Capela.

That being said.... if its just a dump for the Spurs and they are willing to gift us LMA for the low cost of Ryan Anderson & filler alone.... I'm inclined to say lets go for it, but I just don't think that's going to happen like it might happen with someone like Melo & the Knicks who have reason to move quick in getting Melo off of the roster to expedite a rebuild. I can't see the Spurs moving him for nothing short of a haul in assets or key role players at the very least, and I'm not sure I'm willing to give up Gordon or Ariza.

No Chance and baller4life315 like this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

Does he do the pick and the roll?

3. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

Yeah i was wondering about llull. Isnt it about time we invite him to come over? Now that our bench is pretty much empty and all...

4. Coach E

Coach E Member

I doubt he is ever coming, honestly now that we have cp3, he probably doesn't want to come play off the bench

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I read on a Spurs board during the playoff series that LMA was the best rim protector in the NBA by FG%.

It's not like the guy is good only for his jumper.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

LMA is a much better player (and fit) than people are giving him credit for.

That said, the Spurs are trying to win too. They're not going to gift him to us for Anderson and filler.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And if they did I worry they'll just turn Anderson into the next Robert Horry.

Let's get one thing straight. The Spurs aren't getting rid of LMA because he isn't good. They want him out because he doesn't want to fit in with the culture there. LMA thought the Spurs would be his team but Kawhi is now better than him. Same thing that happened in Portland with Lillard.

He's toxic like Dwight. I'd stay away and Budinholzer might stay away because of that too. He is a Spurs guy.

craguin and roslolian like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

My quote said unless he is bought out, then ok because if bought out he should only ask for Nene money.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but Cp3 just cost us Bev and pick. Bev is a really nice player but we already have Ego who sort of does what he does. OTH Paul George will probably cost us Capela cuz thats the only asset we have left. To match salaries we might end up losing Ariza, Gordon and Capela for a possible 1 year rental. Thats way too much to give up for a guy who is reportedly hellbent on the Lakers.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but Cp3 just cost us Bev and pick. Bev is a really nice player but we already have Ego who sort of does what he does. OTH Paul George will probably cost us Capela cuz thats the only asset we have left. To match salaries we might end up losing Ariza, Gordon and Capela for a possible 1 year rental. Thats way too much to give up for a guy who is reportedly hellbent on the Lakers.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Clearly I don't reed guud. Sorry bout that.

12. Asian Sensation

ESPN reported that Morey is in LA.

I doubt he went out there to meet a guy named after a saltwater fish. Ain't nobody got time for that. Especially Morey.