1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs is back on top of the league

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gunawanspurs, Apr 9, 2003.

1. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Man, when my team struggling earlier this season, i always have the faith that they would be able to turn things around when all the dust have settled theur way to the ground.

And they don't betray me !:cool:

I have to [​IMG] for that !

The Spurs are [​IMG] now, and i can envision another [​IMG] coming our way this June.

The vision of [​IMG]
    and [​IMG]
    has happened !

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

It will be 2001 all over again. SA gets #1 seed, flames out to LA in the WCF.

3. slinslin

slinslin Member

Worry about the Suns first. We got your number and there is a good chance we will kick you out of the playoffs should we meet in the first round. Just like a couple of years ago.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow, a thread by a Spurs fan, replied by a Lakers fan and a Suns fan on a Rockets board. :eek: :eek:

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

The Spurs are a pretty good team in the regular season.

6. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Now a Warriors fan is going to sit here and cry.

7. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

All NorCals have that in common. :)

8. PhiSlammaJamma

All fans of playoffs teams should be banned for the next two months. It's not fair.

9. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

As the Suns kicked the Mavs azzez tonite, the picture has evolved into its final form, which looking like this :cool:

[​IMG]

:D :D [​IMG]

10. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Can you spot the differences of the pictures ? :D

[​IMG]

PS : Notify some "Girlish" touches in the picture ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

You can do all the envisioning you want, but I bet you are not looking forward to your possible second round meeting with the Lakers.

What could be sweeter, another Spurs 55+ win ballclub that will not meet it's championship dreams.

gunawanspurs, you do realize that the Spurs cannot beat L.A. in a series right?

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Now, I'm not a Spurs fan, and yes, the title obviously goes through LA, but some of the arrogance siding with the Lakers in this thread is laughable.

These aren't the same Spurs or same Lakers of 2001. The Spurs swept LA this year, and no, all 4 games werent in the first 2 months when the Lakers sucked. The Spurs also have the best all around player in basketball, in Tim Duncan who can go toe to toe with Shaq like nobody else in the league can.

Yes, the Spurs must stop Kobe to beat the Lakers, but Bruce Bowen is the defender in the league capable of making Kobe work for his points.

And as for the rest of the supporting casts, give me Ginobili, Parker, Rose, Robinson, etc over the rest of the Lakers.

The Spurs are playing unbelievable ball right now, and they took LA to school this year. As I said, LA is the favorite until beaten, but anyone who thinks this is exactly like two years ago is dilusional or likes living in the past because the Spurs most definitely can beat LA in the postseason this year.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm well aware that the regular season gives no full indication that a certain team has another teams number, but I will say that because the Spurs swept the Lakers in the regular season that they have probably the best shot at knocking out the Lakers over anybody else, and that includes the Kings. I know people love to say the Kings have the best shot, but I disagree. They have no go to guy. Argue Bibby and Webber all you want, but the fact is Webbers a choke artists, and Bibby can't always be relied to take the final shot of the game everytime.
    Duncan is a true go to guy, with championship experience and while it may of been during the shortened NBA season during the strike, it's still a ring, and that's one ring more of knowing what it takes to be a champion then anyone on the Kings roster. I do think the Kings have a good shot to knock out the Lakers, but in a tight game situation I just don't think they'll be able to stay clutch and win out, as they've proven in the past that they're unable to seal the deal. In addition to their go to guy having championship experience they have proven defenders that are capable of atleast containing Kobe and forcing him to take some ill advised shots. To put it plainly, they make him earn his points with a lot of shot attempts and poor decisions.
    Shaq is much healthier and it's been a long time since I've seen him move so swiftly around the basket, and that's a Shaq that the Spurs never ran into during the regular season. During all four meetings between the Lakers and the Spurs, Shaq was either out for the game or was still recovering from his injury, but now that Shaq seems to be moving around the basket so much more easily now, he could show the Spurs what its like to face a completely healthy Shaq and that could give the advantage back in the Lakers favor. Also the Lakers roleplayers seemed to of turned it on again and their chemistry as of late has been flawless to the point where lately they haven't been as demanding to ask for enormous points from their two stars.
    Still if anyone has the best shot at knocking off the Lakers it's the Spurs.

14. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

As a fan, what can i do beside hoping for the best ? The history of azz kicking in the playoff these past two seasons is acknowledged, but if we have to live in the past, then i can bring a history about a team that SWEEP these Lakers the last time before their championship run, to win a championship of their own respectively :cool:

Atleast, my team have another chance to test the reigning champion in the playoff, in which your team COULDN'T

In this post, i'm not belittling the Lakers, no matter how much i despise them, 'cause i RESPECT them as the reigning champion who know what it takes to win the ring

I just make a lil fun over the Mavs since their fans have been ragging the whole season their team lead the league best record, yet you came up with these SHYEET over my team

I don't want to sound senile, but since you were the one who bringing it up, your team better make it to playoff next year, cause with all the "talents" you've got onboard, it's a SHAME in this league not making it to postseason while an ol granpa team like Jazz make it these days :D

Better PUT UP or SHUT UP , dude ! :rolleyes:

15. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

I'm gonna come here and gloat once the Spurs get their salad tossed like they always do.

16. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

What do YOU have to gloat about?

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

One more championship than you can gloat about.

A franchise center who acknowledges that he is a center.

A top 5 point guard.

18. Alirules

Alirules Member

I am a diehard Rockets fan but how can't anyone root for the Spurs
    Tim Duncan a great player
    Tony Parker one of the fastes player I have ever seen
    Manu Ginobli such a chaotic player
    Bruce Bowen maybe the best perimeter defender since Pippen and Jordan
    David Robinson a classy citizen
    Steve Kerr pure stroke
    Malik Rose hustle and energy
    Kevin Willis ex Rocket

19. Alirules

Alirules Member

If the Spurs win a championship this year then they will have won 2 in 5 years where LA has won 3 in 5 years.
    That sounds a little better

20. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

1 more championship; okay fine, but those trophies are dusty.

Spurs got one of those, too, and a power forward, to boot.

Top 5 PG??: From your handle I thought you were a Rocket's fan.