1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs At Suns

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nice Rollin, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I'm torn, like that Amare got kneed in the eggs but that Manu was the cause of it, just torn.

I thought they wear cups anyways.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man that was the play of the year!

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Malone's kick was 10 times worse. That picture is an all-time great. Thank you SI; I still have that issue in my collection.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't even really know how the spurs are almost winning. duncan can't hit anything despite shooting within about 5 feet all day (and just missed a point blank shot) and no one else has been that great except manu.

well now duncan blocks a 2 and it turns into a 3. suns just have so much firepower.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Suns aren't all that, I know we got the horses to take on the Suns, just turn them into a jumpshooting team, watch out the for the flare outs to Barbosa. We have the defense to stop them.

6. surrender

surrender Member

Is there a way both teams could lose?

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Eggs are not protected under NBA rules. Only above the shoulder. Ask Reggie the Nut Grabber Evans. ;)

8. Coob5

Coob5 Member

I was hoping for a fight between Stoudamire and Ginobli so we could get some supsensions, that was enourmously help the rockets.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL MVP chants for Amare? **** that.

Although I'm happy to see the sperms lose.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Is it just me or does Barbosa move a bit like Clyde Drexler?

11. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

That's what i thought !! :eek:

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I thinks its the way he holds his head and looks down when he's driving in.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They completely collapsed at the end. Typically, the Spurs should have won that game. They are struggling big time and were lucky to beat the Lakers on Finley's shot.

I hope this game punctures some of the mythology about the Suns. They can definitely be beaten in a 7 game series by the Rockets. Think about tonight's game. Their style feasts on undermanned teams and their offense can be grounded. The Spurs were off tonight both offensively and on defense. Maybe they were tired from last night.

14. MystikArkitect

My question is wether or not the Suns can maintain that pace and run and gun style in a 7 game series against the same team they played. Hell, I wonder if they would even be able to do it against us. Phoenix has been great for 2 years in a row, and 2 years in a row theyve proven that run and gun doesnt cut it in the playoffs.

15. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

The Spurs were basically a 3-men team playing against the Suns tonight. While watching the game, I kind of questioned Popovich's substitution pattern. Is the team's depth becoming an issue for SA or is there something else going wrong with them? On the other hand, two-time MVP Steve Nash's playmaking is once again in full display. He's virtually turned the job of PG into an art. Beautiful.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Rockets are now tied with the Spurs in the loss column and currently hold the tiebreaker. If they can win their next 3 games(home for Hornets and T'Wolves, at Grizzlies), they'll be tied for 3rd in the West come next Wednesday when San Antonio plays their next game.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Twolves game is the wildcard, don't know which Pups will show up.

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The Spurs really suck after their big 3, very unathletic and old--and two of them (Duncan and Manu) may wear down if overused. They have little chance to beat the Mavs or Suns in 7 IMO. The Mavs are an even worse match-up for them because they will beat them playing fast or slow, the Spurs are toast versus them.

The Suns didn't have Thomas or most of Bell. They are a load with 8 quality and largely interchangable players around the ringleader.

I personally think only Dallas or Houston have a decent chance to beat the full Suns squad. Houston, if healthy, I think is bigger threat to the Suns than the Spurs. Clearly Yao and Tmac are loads of problems for the Suns to defend, and I think with guys like Battier, Wells, Hayes, Head, Alston, & Snyder around them we can get better defensive coverage (matching up with the Suns perimeter game) without sacrificing offense. The Spurs really have to choose unathletic aging offensive guys (Barry, Finley, Horry, Bonner) or offensively exploitable defensive guys (Bowen, Elson, Oberto)--they are missing more well rounded roll players like Battier, Head, Wells, etc.

19. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

where can I find a video of Ginobilli kicking STD :D

20. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Spurs has to make a trade or do something to get some fire powers. They are getting absolutely nothing from anyone other than their big 3s.