1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BAM, Mar 22, 2009.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

“It kills me to have him on that team,” Popovich said. “Enough to make you spit.”

LMAO...Loving it! great find on the article.

2. thesaint

thesaint Member

Rockets gave up many good players as well in the past. Even though i love Hakeem, Rockets had a chance to get Jordan....but who would have known. Same here, no one knew how good Scola would have been in the NBA. Not that im comparing Hakeem/Jordan to Scola...its a whole different tier...but its just an example.

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Really! Think about this, Clutchfans has over 33,000 members, twice as many as Spurstalk (15,536) but even after all the knee-jerk and pointless threads I've never seen this place get so out of control. Spurstalk seems to operate this way at all times. Clutch and all the all school members really do a great job at regulating the forums internally.

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Why don't we get cool Avators and Picture signatures? And what the hell is that "Spurstalk Cash" thing?

My favorite signature of all time:

[​IMG]

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

how funny would it be if the spurs front office started receiving fruit baskets, bouquets, cards, etc... all sent from rockets fans thanking them for scola?!

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

"laugh it up fuzzball" ;)

[​IMG]

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

because it would reduce an otherwise respectably run and kept message board into a cluttered pile of disgorged electronic bile.. and tediously overdone content..

making it a repelling chore to view.. and worse to peruse..

painfully amatuer in presentation.. and overly childish..

1 person likes this.
  8. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I love thier sigs. Especially Jessica Alba. The one with the bouncy boobies was nice too.

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

Is that a haiku? :confused:

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

and I almost was going to suggest rookification... great thread!

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

wow after reading spurs talk I'm so glad Clutch runs a classy operation for us fans. Their forum is full of tacky pictures and idiots with no mind running their mouth.

12. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Appreciate the Spurs...

13. NateNate

NateNate Member

Man its funny you mentioned this!! you know as soon as i seen this i saved it!! cant stop watching it now

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

People complaining about garbage posts in Clutchfans - Garbage posts here dont even approach REGULAR posts there, goodness. Nothing wrong with different styles though. There's basketball focused forums like CF thats about content, and be your natural self forums like that one. I do appreciate bouncy boobies like any man out there, but I like talking hoops.

And are you KIDDING ME, a signature with a half-screen sized photo of an ass ? lol
    (NSFW)
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3219422&postcount=99

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

All that female flesh bouncing around over there still has its lingering effect thats keeping me talking about it :p

Definitely agree though. Dont mean to go on the CF.net jocksniffing rant, but there's nothing wrong with keeping it mostly centered on basketball and run with class. I could be wrong but the founder of spurstalk I dont think is getting any interview access to players anytime soon.

But girls and beers and cussing while talking about ball is okay too. I know more people like that then true basketball purists. Dont have to have to try to attain journalistic integrity in everything. But its good to have your actual views taken seriously

17. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

18. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

spurs are still a better team than the rockets, the true hurts doesn't it? it's still in the regular season and the spurs are very likely to play beyond their lever when the postseason arrives. Rockets are a good team but they haven't ever won a series in the postseason since dream retired, and this time it still won't be a easy job for us to realize this decade-long dream.

19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Spurs ... in your face! Hahaha! :D

20. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Damn, girl ... :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm coming! :D