1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs another S&T option for Camby

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Jul 8, 2012.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...-knicks-ahead-miami-heat-pursuit-marcus-camby

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/07/marcus-camby-knicks-heat-free-agent-miami-new-york/
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Spurs are shopping forward DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Spurs have Euro picks they could bring over next season, need roster space.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/218370280664465408" data-datetime="2012-06-28T15:48:26+00:00">June 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DeJuan Blair is the only fully unguaranteed contract the Spurs would part with.

Other assets could be the PGs, Patty Mills (restricted free agent) or Nando De Colo (unsigned draft pick). Either one would have to be given a contract at around $1.4 mil for a Camby S&T to work.

In De Colo's case, since he's a drafted player, teams would need to wait out 30 days after Spurs sign him before they can execute a trade.

Blair + Mills (1.4 mil, S&T) = Camby (3 mil S&T)

or

Blair + De Colo (1.4 mil, after 30 days) = Camby

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5W-oJx9aMdw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lpbh85sHUfw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

thats someone the spurs desprately need to close down the paint be cause timmy cant do it anymore

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Spurs use both Green and Neal backups to Parker at PG.

So it's possible extending a qualifying offer to Paddy Mills and bringing in Nando De Colo is the Spurs making use of their limited trade assets.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Some housecleaning news from tonight: Buford says Spurs have extended qualifying offers to restricted FAs Danny Green, Patty Mills.</p>&mdash; Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/218568015179026432" data-datetime="2012-06-29T04:54:10+00:00">June 29, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-ar...-from-valencia-to-continue-career-in-nba.html

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Did you say PF? Did you say undersized-PF? We'll spurs, you definitely drive a hard bargain...but i believe we have a deal.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

DeJuan Blair is a fully unguaranteed contract. Trade to waive.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I know, it was just a lame overused joke i was making. Nothing to do with anything lol.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gary Neal is also non-guaranteed. I think they can spare Neal if they bring back Green and Mills, add De Colo as well as rookie Marcus Denmon.

Neal+Blair would allow the Spurs to eat a salary of $2.9M+. However, can't the Spurs just sign Camby with its own MLE rather than give up any value to HOU for him?

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is his value really that low at this point? I would think the Spurs could get a 2nd and a trade exception they could use to absorb salary for him somewhere.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

I guess they won't be able to sign Lorbek or De Colo, if they use their tax payers mle on Camby.

10. Carl Herrera

Are they a tax payer?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Yes, this year and last season too I think.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not really interested in players from SA.:(

13. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

undersized PF, murray do it!

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Is is just me, or does it seem like the Rockets may actually get better value trading Camby than the 2nd rounder they gave up to get him? That would certainly be ironic. An expiring at the deadline be worth less than a FA.

15. Carl Herrera

Good point. Those guys are experienced player in Europe and will likely cost more than the minimum to sign. Lorbek is reported to be offered the biggest contract in his team's history.

I'd be content getting a Spurs 1st rounder (which will be low, but whatever) for Camby.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We need to get Patty Mills to play point for us.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Spurs have some interesting Euro-stashes that I would be interested in aquiring in a Camby S&T. Much like the Nash to LAL deal, Houston might be able to pry away some nice assets by agreeing to send Camby within their conference.

One guy I really find interesting is Ryan Richards. Here is a youtube video of this 7 footer with a nice offensive skillset. I assume that Chris Finch is very aware of this kid and if he's worth taking a flyer on or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FsDiJgfXM8

I dont know if they would be willing to trade Splitter to the Rockets but thats an option as well.

Dejuan Blair... eh. I guess if thats all they could get back from SA then I you have to take it. Would much rather take on one of their Euro-stashes.

18. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Tony Parker anyone? :rolleyes:

19. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I'd definitely take Blair into our Roster, since I am unsure about Asik, you'd at least know that while Blair is undersized, he is strong and one of the few players that have the Chuck Hayes type strength (but not the speed or all purpose defensive skills) that we could use a the center position.

That being said, I am not convinced a S&T will be done.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Am i the only one impressed with given the need by teams for S&T - we're still pulling additional assets from Shane Battier... who we traded w Ish for Thabeet +1st, Thabeet +2nd + Flynn (filler) for Camby... to whatever we might get to faciltate a S&T.... nobody walk for nothin! LOL (cept i guess Dragic...) but potentially add whatever we get to facilitate a S&T for CLee - who we got by giving up a crappy Ariza contract (which saved us 10M that year... not bad finagleing...