1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SportsRadio610] Pancakes: Texans Closer To A Title Than Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by H-TOWNSFINEST, Jul 8, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I say it's equal.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How so?

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I would say that's true only in the sense that football's playoffs are best of 1 instead of best of 7. This means football is more conducive to the worse team advancing.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Less games. Have a couple bad breaks here and there and you lose 2 games that you shouldn't have. Now you're 8-8. Same can be said for having a couple good breaks as well.

The Miami Heat had a .805 winning percentage which is around 13-3 in football. The Texans are more likely to have a 13-3 record than the Rockets are to go 66-16.

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

pancakes just want the attention on football so he can get more segments to talk about anna meagan's creamy hammies. the dude is our resident herbert.

6. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Vegas has the Rockets as better favorites to win a title than the Texans. I tend to agree. Less parity in the NBA and the NFL is far less predictable.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Mmm...pancakes. I had waffles for breakfast this morning. Can we get Pancakes to interview Dwight Howard? It would be the Pancakes Waffles fun hour.

8. platypus

platypus Member

The real question is why on earth are you listening to that god awful radio station? I prefer 790's commentary any day over those clowns. And listening to pancakes just make me wanna cringe.

You know a ratio station is bad when you find yourself listening to espn 97.5 when 790 is broadcasting baseball. The only time i listen to 610 is when the fox guys are on.

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Underrated post.

10. conquistador#11

i'll take either one, don't care which.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

People listen to 610 still? I'd rather stick a fork in my ear.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The city deserves both of them winning titles next season and that doesn't seem too far-fetched now.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It seems like just yesterday all 3 of our teams blew chunks. All the sudden, 2 of the 3 are championship contenders. It's crazy.

Let's just get this CSN nonsense straightened out and being a sports fan in Houston could actually be pretty fun this year.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Unfortunately that 3rd team has been literally the WORST franchise in baseball for the past couple of years. :(

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

FIFY.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

While the team on the major-league level is not all that easy on the eyes, the turnaround in the minor leagues for the Astros has been nothing short of miraculous either considering where it was two years ago.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's a valid argument, however, the Texans have a much, much higher chance of not even making the playoffs compared to the Rockets. And yeah, the station that runs the Texans also supports the Texans more than the Rockets, go figure?

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's just the nature of the NFL. A team can win a Superbowl and not even make the playoffs the next year (Giants).

Conversely, a team can go 9-7, win a weak division and then get hot in the playoffs and win the Superbowl (Giants, again).

In the NBA, your record is a more accurate gauge on how good/bad you are since it's a longer season.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

While I certainly appreciate the seven-year itch crashing into the warming glow of a honeymoon… please indulge me while I remind you (all) that the Texans are 19-7 in Matt Schaub's last 26 regular season starts; 20-8 if you include playoffs. That's a 12-win pace. The Texans have the best defensive player in football, two of the NFL's most consistent offensive weapons, one of, if not the best LT in football , a QB that ranks 11th all-time in QBR, and a whole host of additional legitimate All-Pro and Pro Bowl candidates doting their depth chart on both sides of the ball. And among their projected starting 22, 14 are under the age of 30.

I know they left a bad taste, and sure, anything can happen - but assuming relative health... *that* team ain't going 8-8. It's just not. It's too good. They'll win 9+ games, almost certainly win their third consecutive division title (something no professional football team has accomplished in Houston in 51 years), and be in the mix to win a Lombardi.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not predicting them to go 8-8. I just said I would not be surprised. And I wouldn't.