1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sportsradio 610] Billy (on a mobile) vents 1/26/07

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jan 26, 2007.

1. teetime

teetime Member

Should be a disclaimer tag with this topic. Nba player's voice impersonated for entertainment only :D

Funny stuff regardless.

2. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Man, that was actually kind of a mean parody. :p I feel bad that Spanoulis can't break the rotation. I hope he can pick up the NBA game quickly cuz JVG has a finite amount of patience.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Hahahah it may be mean or whatever.. but I found it funny.

1 shot, 5 points for 1000% hahahah cracks me up every time!

4. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

roflllllllmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5. Madman George

Madman George Member

man thats pretty funny!!! accent does sounds more Russian though. Billy would have sweared a lot more too.

6. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Adam Clanton

[​IMG]

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Wow...you guys are easily entertained :confused:

I heard the segment on my way in to work and I didn't crack a chuckle the entire time. It just wasn't funny to me.

#67 ClutchCityReturns, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well ... I feel badly for you.

Not.

9. ClutchCityReturns

Was there a reason to be an ass? I just said it wasn't funny to me. I guess next time I should only post if I agree with everyone else, right?

10. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

Is there anyway on earth to get Bill walton's mobile segments ? :confused:

Mattj ? anyone ?

11. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

I'm in a forty and older league and I'am Tracy Mcgrady of the old folks I wonder if the rockets would start me and give me the 18 shots I take a game in our league. :mad:

12. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well, you could have just said you didn't think it was funny without taking a shot at our collective senses of humor. You had that coming.

13. ClutchCityReturns

Yes, because nobody wants to be easily entertained. What a terrible thing, to insinuate that someone has that quality. That's one hell of a shot I took at your collective sense of humor. :eek:

(I just don't see why everyone thinks it was so funny. It's not that I look down on them for it, regardless of how you misconstrued my comments and/or emoticon)

14. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

It's actually pretty simple. When you say that someone is "easily entertained" you imply that they're so easily entertained that they'll laugh at things that might not be that funny (as you obviously think is the case).

It's a shame that we don't all have your sophisticated sense of humor.

Personally, I thought it was hilarious. I've listened several times now and played it for my friend who knows nothing about the Rockets, and we both laughed our asses off.

A couple things:

1. Who cares about the accent? I've never heard a Greek accent in my life and I really don't care to. If he had done a Brooklyn or Irish accent, ok complain. But the comedy wasn't taken away from because of the accent.

2. If you didn't know this was fake immediately, go see a doctor. You might be r****ded.

3. If you're upset at the content of the parody, I really don't know what to tell you. It's not like we owe V-Span anything, and I'm pretty sure he had this coming to him after the way he's been whining lately.

4. Anyone calling for [FAKE] or [IMPERSONATION] tags: see point #2.

VISILLI SHOULD PLAY!

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I don't know where you've been, but saying someone is easily entertained is a disparaging remark. I don't think it's necessary for me to even define why that is. Just admit what you meant and be done w/ it.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Guys Guys Guys..

this is supposed to be a fun thread.

CCR, I guess the reason I found it amusing is because everyone and their brother has had an opinion on Vspan this week.

We were all sick of reading the posts about him so this was a good way to vent a little of that frustration with some sardonic humor.

No need for anyone to get offensive or upset, if you didn't like it, that's cool too. It was just poking fun at the interview and the uproar that followed, which is something that most of us enjoyed.

Smile.. did yall see that game we won last night?? :)

17. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that's freakin' hilarious

18. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I'm with ClutchCityReturns on this one. I dont understand why everybody was "ROFLHAO" on such an offensive comedy. wtf were they thinking when they did this? making fun of a player isn't really entertaining and we as fans shouldn't tolerate this kind of B.S. unfortunately, many of y'all found it hilarious and loved it..

just put yourself in his place, imagine that you are a famous American college player and u went to Greece to play professional B-Ball. the Greek club kept begging you to come over and offered u everything u want. u go there, and u accept their offer. but they dont play u a single minute and they try to "coach" u the way they want and alter your game. u make an interview with the chronicle and u tell them "it didn't turn out the way I thought it would" and "they dont understand my strengths and they aren't utilizing my talent". next thing u know, a Radio host in the most famous sports radio channel is poking fun of u and your accent (considering u could speak greek). now tell me, how would u feel??

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree the accent was over the line for me. And I feel like Vspan has a valid point, he just went about it the wrong way. I didn't take this 'call' as a mean-spirited jab at vspan, more like an over the top parody of him, similar to imitations of Presidents. But I could see how people could find this more on the offensive side.

20. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

it might be O.K if it was an American guy (ex: the way Charles Barkley talks..etc) because in the American culture, it's somewhat acceptable to make genuine fun of others, it's not really "offensive". but in Europe, they have this whole "Etiquette" thing where making fun of somebody is offensive. I am not talking of personal experience though, so I might be wrong, but this is the way it seems to be..