1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. tomato

tomato Member

What's his bar's name again?

2. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Grooves.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I don't mind Rich Lord. Why does everyone seem to dislike him so much? I agree that Adam and Matt were better together, but I love how Rich and Matt are not afraid to talk Rockets ball.

I am a huge Murph fan...loved his over-the-top commentating with Bill, but I cannot stand his show. He just yells too much.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

if andre and marc don't stop talking texans all the time, they're going to force me back to john and lance. although davies and roberts were talking rockets this morning and it was pretty good.

one thing about it, competition is going to make everyone stronger. the problem is we see things in the context of this sight, i'm sure there are a lot of people in this town happy with the talk shows talking texans all the time.

5. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I like the guys in the midday on 790 De Luca and Lopez . They are very respectful to their callers . They actually give them a chance to talk . They don't cut them off , and talk over them like they do over at 610 . They have a good show IMO .

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's my least favorite show by far. mostly because i think lopez has no clue of what he's talking about roughly 94% of the time.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Someone call in and tell him if he runs a business, he should make sure his employees are paid on time.

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Yeah he does go off a bit sometimes . But , different strokes for different folks .

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

lopez does let you talk, I will give him that. he likes to argue

10. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I used to love listening to 610, but since john and lance got replaced by the texans radio team, it's just dreadful. It's texans for the whole morning. I hate it.

Mattj moving to the afternoon to be paired up with rich lord... HATE IT! the night shift was great, especially during the rockets pregame then fan feedback! Now it's just wexler hosting the fan feedback by himself, which is kind of sad and pathetic.

Adam wexler also became abusive to the callers since matt left. anyone notice that?

I only catch 1 hour of the afternoon show these days, typically 5-6, the gary kubiack hour is terrible, dom had better callers, especially the few that had the balls to ask him when he'll be fired.

/sigh

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Granted, I only heard the show from 6 to 7 but in that time, they pretty much talked about the Rockets for the entire hour. Actually, I was kind of surprised.

With that said, Andre's Rocket takes make Clyde Drexler's takes look like Clutch's recaps, but Mark, I think, at least TRIES. Mark is getting a little better as time goes on IMO, but Andre is just Andre.

12. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I like that show as well. One problem I have is that even though Lopez is an Aggie, his "sources" for inside information are normally off base, plus he tends to go too far to the other side to show he doesn't have a pro-Aggie stance.

13. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

1560 was ripping the other stations today towards the end of the noon hour. it was great.

14. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Matt Jackson is freaking awesome no matter what setting he's in. But he was at his best with adam in the night shift. Seeing adam without matt shows how much he made a show better. Danny is pretty cool too but i dont think he and adam make that great of a combo. Rich lord is rich lord, love him or hate him he's just kinda like the conservative view of sports which is ok if he has someone who contrasts him like Matt but looks horrible with someone like vandermire........................ And then there is andre, mark, the texans and gary kubiak. Seriously im tired of hearing all this feel good crap about the texans. They suck, will suck and are probally one of the worst expansion franchises ever created, probaly a rung above the tampa bay devil rays. I love the fact that matt reads and responds to these threads but his colleagues in the morning are just plain horrible.

15. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Couldn't agree more.

Nick Van Exel is on Wednesdays 1560 from 8 a.m. - 9, but he usually will stay on longer if Granatomeer asks him, which he always does.

I like listening to him talk Rockets because since he never played for them, he can give you an objective assessment. Matt Bullard gets paid by the Rockets, so he can't tell the truth if someone asks him if Stevie "FrenchFries" is pissed or is frustrated that sorry azz Rafer is getting his playing time.

Remember Alan Ashby? He didn't praise the Stros routinely, next thing you know he is fired. Wonder why?

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

listen to 1560. john and lance were the only ones who ever talked rockets on 610, and they still do on 1560

ALLRRRRRIGGGGGGGHT

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

WHO DOESN'T???

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

wexler talks everything, and is pretty damn good at it. he and danny actually have a pretty good show.

19. wood

wood Member

I tune my mornings to 1560, especially since Lance joined the show. On the ride home I tune in to 790 w/ Charlie Pallillo. The mornings w/ 1560 are great, but reception is not very good in some areas.

20. Poloshirtbandit

Just started listening to 1560 this week. I happened to tune in on the Mutombo sound clip they kept playing and that had me sold.