1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

1560 in the morning talks more about the flavor of the day. So they have talked more about the Rockets lately.

610 is just football, mainly Texans. They only briefly talk about the Rockets. It seems like they only take a few calls from callers, and you can tell they have them waiting so long before taking their call. Anybody ever call in to them? How long did you have to wait before that put you on?

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm glad Andre Ware doesn't talk about the Rockets. His takes are just embarrassingly bad. At least Mark tries every once in a while.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Andre admits to being a Mavs fan. Despite growing up in the Houston area, he rooted for the Mavs. So sad.

4. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

That's blasphemy. I dont care if you are a stupid stinking cowboy fan, spurs fan or a rangers fan (if there are any), NO ONE FROM HOUSTON SHOULD BE A MAVS FAN!!!

5. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Jax is hosting 610 by himself today, so expect it to be a lot of Rockets talk.

6. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Jax announced on another thread in the garm that Matt Bullard will be the guest host for the Rocket's Power hour this year. They should have hired JVG, Jon Barry, anybody but Bullard. I'm done with 610. It's 1560, 790 and 97.5 for me. 610 is going to drop from the face of the earth!

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Clyde Drexler would be one thing, but what's wrong with Matt Bullard? It's not like they're national radio over there...why exactly would JVG or Jon Barry want to do a regular spot on a local sportsradio show? I like Matt Bullard...

8. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Matt-

Liked the show alot better with Adam - sorry. You guys just had a great chemistry. Not a big Rich Lord fan.

Radio Personalities I like:

Matt Jackson
    Adam Wexler
    Charlie Palillo
    Lance Zerlein
    Craig Roberts

Mediocre:

Marc Vandermere
    Andre Ware
    Brad Davies
    Ted DeLuca

Awful:

John Granato
    Rich Lord
    John Lopez

#68 Drewdog, Nov 6, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  9. msn

msn Member

Drew, I'm pretty much with you on your list, although I like Mark V.

Anyone remember when Kenny Hand was on the radio on 610?

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I used to listen to nothing buy 610 all day. But I feel like crashing my car into something if I here those two idiots talk about the Texans one more time.

THE TEXANS SUCK!!!! GIVE IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

11. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Knowledgeable Rocket fans need to call the show. Texans callers still monopolize the phone lines.

I think Andre is coming along fine for his first year on the job, he's a really cool guy...so is Vandy. :)

12. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

andre is coming along, mark v is awful in my opinion

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The problem for me is in your current slot, I can only catch you from 5:45-6:00 pm. Please go back to mornings or evenings. Matt, maybe the afternoon slot is the prime slot overall but for a lot of us it puts you into oblivion. You and Adam had something special in the evenings and your short stint with Lance Z in the mornings was also superb.

14. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

matt and adam in the morning would be an interesting head to head against john and lance. the mens room would quickly fall to a distant 4th behind mike and mike.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

who was that moron on the fan feedback after the Spurs game that said "Whatsup Clutchfans, FREE HEYPARTNER!!!"

oh wait...

that was me

wondering who else heard me on the radio :)

16. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'm done with 610 at the moment, I believe.

No offense matt, if your show was just you, or you and anybody else, I'd be hanging on to the wagon still.

Rich though, not even you can make him sound better.

You should just talk over him like Charlie used to do :D

John/Lance are back, and on 1560.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dang I missed most of fan feedback. Only caught like the first and last segment, which is odd since Wex was hosting.

M. Vandershaub is an awesome radio host. One time he admitted to drinking cough syrup and watching cartoons.

18. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Nick Van Exel is on right now on 1560. He is awesome.

19. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'm with Miguel. Matt, you and Adam need to be slotted together again. Rich Lord needs to be with Brad Davies from 790 and slot them at 2am or something like that. I like a lot of the variety we have now. If you want good Texans talk you have Andre and Marc, if you want good college football you can listen to Sean and John (one of the more underated shows), Charlie has the most all around knowldege, John and Lance have good humor mixed in (as does most of 1560), Mike and Mike give the national flavor. Other than Rich, Brad and the afternoon and evening guys on 97.5, esp Murphy, most shows provide something different.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah, i love when that guy is on. that's good stuff.