1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

john and lance back on, but on 1560 is great radio no other morning show is needed

2. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Amen Brother!!!!!!!

3. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Lightning bolt!

4. kevwun

kevwun Member

I still can't pick up 1560 clearly. I can hear 610 and 790 clear as day. This morning I could hear Berkman faintly in between the fade ins from a spanish station.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK guys, you have talked me into trying 1560 in the morning on the way to work. Maybe Goofball will become tolerable with Lance.

6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

yeah me too but it's all about perseverance

i se that lightning bolt and raise a

LEROY JENKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

unfortunately, there is no local radio station that'll give the Rockets the spotlight.

some dude called in to complain about this on 610 a day or 2 ago. he started out by saying the Rockets brought Houston their only major pro championships. he was rudely interrupted by some kiss azz Houston Texan announcer with this dumb rejoiner, "But they haven't been out of the first round in a decade."

err, Texan crazee 610, have the Texans ever been to a playoff? can't blame the hosts too much though, football rules in Houston, thats what the callers want to talk about.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I really enjoyed 1560 am this morning. Far better than Vanderqueer and Andre.

9. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

With Goofball, it was all about the money that caused the rift between him and cbs radio. He thought he was all that and a bag of tricks. He was doing Texans sideline reporting, doing a pregame/postgame show on 51 for the Stros, did occasional work for FSN, and he thought he was bigger than radio and needed a big raise. Lance unfortunately was put in the middle of it.

Since Lance is knowledgeable in football and has NFL connections, he could have had more opportunities on 610, especially since he was going to be the next sideline reporter during games. But if CBS radio was trying to sign him to an extension using take it or leave it tactics, then you can't blame him for his decision to not re-sign.

IMHO, Lance should have breaken ties with Goofball and moved on to another station, preferably with 97.5 since they are affiliated with ESPN.

10. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Wait wait wait, are you guys talking about John and Lance Zierline or Lance Berkman?

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I know I'm in the minority. Why? because my dial is on 790 a lot of the time. i don't know what happened to Dukes, but I actually like Davies and Craig Roberts, and Charlie Pallilo is great.

I can't stand Granato, but like Zierlin, so that pairing works fine for me, but like someone else, I still have signal issues with 1560.

So, I like 790 in the mornings and and afternoons, I like 610 in the afternoons and evening. I listen to ESPN occasionally, and would try 1560 in the mornings if it came in better.

12. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

I like Charlie Pallilo, but damn that station needs another host to challenge him once in a while.

Even when he comes on Channel 13 he acts like a know it all.

13. msn

msn Member

I had 1560 on for four minutes during lunch. They were talking about TV shows, movies, and what not. I wasn't even sure I had the sports station (thought it may have been 1650).

I hate that crap. 790 "monsters" does that crap, too. I don't want to hear about your favorite soft p*rn on your website or what movie you watched or which celeb birthday it is.

I want to hear about SPORTS.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree, but relative to most of the other hosts in Houston, he does seem to know the most. but you're right.

15. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

You must of been listening to Ken Hoffman, which make no sense on a sports radio station.

16. Mattj

Mattj Member

I can't speak for everyone....but I am a Rockets PIMP during the season, My love for them is never quenched....I solemnly swear to bring you more Rockets talk then you could possibly want.....

17. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Then when are you guys going to sign JVG to do the Rockets Power hour?

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

not possible, but bring it!

19. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I know, the Rockets just played their first game and won in crazy fashion and the next morning Marc and Andre are talking about Matt Turk.

20. Shohoku79

Shohoku79 Contributing Member

On my drive to work, I tune to 610 for the Sportflashes, which I IMHO is better than the one from 790. But I usually switch it to 790 after the flash is finished because I know more likely than not, Andre the Shareware is going to talk something about Texans.

When Granato and Zierline were still with 610, the impression they gave me was that at a time like this (where football season is in conjunction with basketball season), they would rather talk about Mario Williams's toe, followed by the "many" sponsors that Granato had garnered for the station than about the Rockets (which have won the previous night).

With the current morning lineup, I think they were interviewing Daryl Morey the other day, Vandermeer was the one asking ALL the questions and Ware kept silent the entire time I tuned in, when he finally spoke up, it was "Ok, let's get some callers in."

It will be a dream come true when one day Clutchfans Radio becomes live.