1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I'm in the same boat as you, I've really come to the conclusion that the only time I'll be listening to 610 is during/after Rockets games, or in the afternoon on my drive home when 790 has commercials.

Pugs

2. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

ditto!

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I haven't listened to sports radio in over a month. My drive to and from work have become much more enjoyable.

4. Mattj

Mattj Member

BOOOOOO!! Just support the sponsors.... :D

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

FWIW, it's not you or really any of the other hosts. Cough. I just can't stand the callers. It's like the screener gives an IQ test to the callers and anyone with a score exceeding 70 is disqualified from making it on the air. :D

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I called and was on hold for about 5 minutes. Got to ask JVG a question on 610 3 years ago (the only time I've ever called in). I was so excited that I was on the air, I really didn't listen to his response. :p

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I personally don't ask people of other races what they think about OJ, but hey, its your life

8. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Are you "skerd?" :D

Having conversations about current events and history is good for the mind, so don't let your brain capacity go to waste. :rolleyes:

9. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Ever heard of Christopher Darden?

10. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

You mean the "Other Brother" whose incompetence helped the defense secure a major victory? The "Other Brother" who was so determined that he could nail a brother by having him try on those damn gloves?

Next question. :D

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

it ain't current, that's my point

12. Another Brother

He was a black person who believed OJ did it. Save your competence argument for another thread.

:D :confused:

13. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

AB, since this thread is about Radio Stations, why don't you call in to Calvin Murphy's show right now and ask him if OJ is guilty. You know what his answer will be! :D

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

calvin has a good show ,grant it he can be a bit loud he has first hand experience with the rockets. A caller today compared his situation to marv alberts. marv got convicted but returned to tv. calvin on the another hand got acquitted in 15 mins and les would not give him his job back esp when its local tv. I respect calvin and his colleagues' opinion on social issues .

15. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

I give 790 props for giving the listeners the heads up last week that the Stros were again working on a trade to get Tejada. 610 didn't even have a clue! :D

16. Another Brother

Agreed and Agreed!!!! ;)

17. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Zierlien acting like 1560 broke the news about the trade. Dalati reported last week on 790 that the trade was imminent

Way to take the credit LZ, I guess Granatomeer is rubbing off on you. :rolleyes:

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I can't listen to Calvin. During the summer before training camp, he seemed OK. Since the NBA season started, Calvin is a train wreck. The last time I listened to him (which was for about 40 seconds), someone called in about the Texans/Bucs game and asked Calvin his opinion. Instead of commenting on the game, Calvin launches about, "You know what, I'm going to that game". Blah blah blah. The owner of C&J Junkyards "gave me a ticket" blah blah blah. After about 45 seconds of this blather, I tuned him out and haven't listened since. Calvin already has the ego of a successful radio personality who thinks people care about mundane personal anecdotes. The truth is probably 50 people total listen to his terrible show. He talks non-stop about HIMSELF! The guy is loopy and has no clue how he comes across.

19. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

You missing out on a Rocket's Legend, Hall of Famer, undersized Mighty Mite who at 5'9" kicked the crap out of players a foot taller than him who tried to disrespect him on the court about being small. If they had his on-court fights available to show on YouTube, you would absolutely love him. And if you didn't, then you are just a hater of him.

Everything he has said about the Rockets is dead on. I can't wait to hear him today talk about the Rockets poor free throw shooting, especially Tracy. :rolleyes:

20. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

1560 is going to have JVG on this Friday for a full hour (8am-9am). Since they are a new radio station, they don't have that many ads to run like 610.