1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sporting News] Morey eager to bolster Houston’s power forward spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Morey means playing DMo more when he's talking about "bolstering the PF spot"

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I hope Morey is prioritizing the need for a swingman over an upgrade at the starting PF spot.

3. Asian Sensation

You'll probably hate me for suggesting this and I feel dirty even suggesting it but if Boozer somehow gets amnestied (Bulls say they're going to keep him but you never know) he would be a great fit for us at the 4. Boozer has always been a good rebounder, he can knock down the midrange jumper and he would bring playoff experience. I can see him fitting in nicely next to Dwight.

1 person likes this.
  4. Toast

Toast Member

Then you're not targeting a stretch PF with an outside game. Which goes back to the lane-clogging problem of pairing Howard & Asik together. Something's gotta give.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Well, duh...

Millsap is a plus rebounder, can stretch the floor and is sound on D.

6. NotChandlerParsons

Nah, I'd be totally down to put in an amnesty bid for Boozer. Good player and can maybe flip him next year like the Suns did with Scola.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

NBA GM LOOKING TO UPGRADE TEAM!!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Boozer would be a good fit indeed. Like you stated he can knock down that mid range jumper and he is a decent rebounder.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why is he still looking to bolster PF? Jones and D-Mo are holding down that spot just fine.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Haha. This.

I think everyone is hungry for something.......anything. When or if something happens, it's likely going to be sudden and come out of left field.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That's a nice hall for Milsap. But I'm with you that he would fit in really well next to Dwight. And his contract allows us to retain flexibility in 2015. I may be overvaluing our players but that seems too steep.

Dwight, Milsap Parsons, harden, Bev, w/ Lin, DMo off the bench = nice 7-man rotation, but where's the wing we need and where are Dwight's backup minutes coming from?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe we get ATL to give us Korver or Carroll?

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

I was just thinking about trading for Boozer... He's an expiring contract next season.

There's speculation the Bulls could go after Melo in free agency but they'll need cap room for that. Would Rocks fans be OK if Boozer was the cost for Mirotic's rights?

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The problem is that Asik is not a PF. Most decent PFs have the ability to be effective without being under the basket all the time that aren't necessarily "stretch fours" either.

Obviously Millsap is the ideal target, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a veteran brought in to come off the bench to give us a boost when we need it (especially for a playoff series when the intensity rises). Just as an example - Brandon Bass seeing as how he was already targeted.

Greg Smith getting back will help, but I don't know that a still developing T.Jones and D-Mo is going to cut it in the playoffs.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Don't see how Asik (proven defensive anchor) + TJones (22 y/o with upside) + a 1st is worth a 29 y/o above average PF. There's a deal to be had here, but not at that price.

Morey appears to have 3 options on the table: compete now, 2014 free agency, and 2015 free agency. Millsap fits in reasonably well with all of those goals. Good contract, good player, and a good fit for this team.

That said, he plays a position with the highest supply of quality players in the NBA. You don't overpay for a guy like Millsap. So if Atlanta thinks that he's worth anything more than Asik and a 2nd, you walk away.

1 person likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This and Muck Fillsap!!!!

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would take Carroll. He seems to have found his rhythm.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Millsap is a better win now & later trade asset

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sometimes Chinese knock offs found at Walmart work just as nice as the real thing...

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Garnett. BOoM. expiring next season. BOoM