1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sporting News: Francis wants Wilcox

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 24, 2002.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

exactly. there were no francis quotes in that article, just a little snippet of information that steve likes wilcox. big deal, last i heard wilcox was a guaranteed top 10 player, probably higher, steve's not the only one who likes him. no where in that article does it say steve wants wilcox number 1 or he's leaving, yet if i just read the following posts i would no doubt get that impression. hell,it doesn't even say wilcox is his favorite player in the draft.

anything remotely negative from steve and it's blown way out of proportion.
    anything positive from him and people will say, yeah but what about when he left vancouver, blah, blah, blah.

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Now I realize that Francis' quote was taken out of context. He just meant that he hadn't gotten to play with Ming before... because Ming isn't a Terp.

3. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Clutch just mentioned that Francis just saw a video footage of Yao Ming play on Friday night and was left very impressed and excited. So hopefully he is now on board for drafting Yao with the number one pick.

LINK HERE

So all is good guys!

-G'day-

4. TheGreatest

TheGreatest Member

I'm sorry, but Francis is an idiot and a jackass.

5. SteveAelee

SteveAelee New Member

Is that befitting of a college professor and a man that received an honorary doctorate from Yale University this week?

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

thanks for the insightful post man. good to see nobody stooping to name-calling.

7. Bangladesh880

Bangladesh880 Member

Haha. This is the same guy who cancelled classes for the ENTIRE week when the Rockets won their first title!!! One of his former students is a current prof of mine and he told me!! When it comes to the Rockets, TheGreatest is as brutal as his moniker :)

8. Bangladesh880

Bangladesh880 Member

Not to mention that TheGreatest was my differential equations professor last Fall.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Although TheGreatest never taught any of my classes I think I may have a relevant opinion here.

Steve Francis trying to throw his weight around in the Rockets war room shows me a problem.

Why does he not want to play with Ming? Because HE won't get the rock every time down the floor. He is selfish and not a team guy. Let's trade him while his value is high and we can get a solid player and a good pick. Perhaps to the Clipps for a player and #8 (maybe push for #12 too).

10. Elvis Costello

I think the reaction of the Rockets fans on the BBS to some fairly inocuous comments from Francis about what do with this pick tells you how much the Vancouver experience hurt his reputation. I think Francis should be careful about burning any bridges with the Rockets, or his reputation could land in some kind of Stephan Marbury limbo. There is a real chance that the Rockets can be something special. The pieces may just fall into place and the biggest one is still Steve Francis. Before everybody plays Trader Vic (or Carrol, or Rudy, or whatever), I hope cooler heads prevail and everybody thinks about the turmoil surrounding the Lakers only a couple of years ago. Let's see what happens and not jump to rash decisions.

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Elvis--

You make some really good points. The only thing I can say in response is that Francis may have that reputation for a good reason. He may in fact be a power hungry prima donna. I hope not, and I will support him as long as he wears a Rockets uniform.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think rudy, cd, and steve need to sit down and work everything out.