1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spoke to Corey Bradford today.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sonique15, Mar 20, 2004.

1. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

Corey Bradford is a regular at the bank I work at and I handle all his accounts. I was talking to him about this upcoming season and he was really excited about it. He can't wait for training camp to begin.

About the free agent decisions: He loves the additions of Smith and Wade. He told me that there are no excuses this year and that the Texans are looking at a playoff birth. He says that another year under the belt of Carr, Davis, Gaffney, and Johnson should only make the team better. He also says to watch for Antawn Peek this year. Supposed to be a monster.

He says the Texans "will likely" trade up with Washington to get Sean Taylor......Granted this is no gaurantee, but at least its somethin to talk about.......

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

good stuff... I'm so excited about this year and its still so long away!

3. Remix

Remix Member

Man i am so ready for September to come along, ive forgotten about Antawn Peek, i cant wait to see how he is this year. If what he said was true about Sean Taylor wowzors, cant wait.

Good inside stuff.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I doubt that Charlie Casserly consults with Corey Bradford regarding the draft and trades. It's probably Bradford's opinion of what he thinks they will do.

That's good news about Peek. Hopefully he can provide the Texans with a pass rush next season.

5. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

John McLain said on 610 that there is no way that the texans will trade with washington for the 5th pick.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That Sean Taylor news is music to my freakin ears.

I will ram my head through the wall if we end up with him...out of excitement, not anger.

7. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Someone let me know next time Nash McClain correctly predicts a Texans move.

8. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

What do you mean? McClain was the one who said that the Texans would get a first round pick for Drew Henson? How dare anyone question his credibility on Texans' transactions?

9. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Good stuff.

I can't wait either. Casserly said it was his goal to be competitive by year 3 and the Texans were pretty damn competitive last year, so I'm definitely excited. The Texans are gonna surprise a lot of people.

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Considering McClain's sole reasoning is that he doesn't think Casserly would be able to work a trade with Snider, I think there's hope. Casserly didn't seem to let his supposed disdain for Jerry Jones (Redskins/Cowboys days) keep him from dealing Henson. If there's a chance we could get a defensive gamebreaker like Taylor, I would presume that Charlie could work up enough professionalism to get a deal done. McClain still insists that (last I heard) the Texans were going to take Chris Gamble, despite the fact that DeAngelo Hall smokes him in just about every test.

The only reason I listen to McClain nowadays is to get a laugh.

11. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I'd think the good relationship between gibbs and casserly would help things..

12. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

wow shady, there's a news flash! hehe, i kno its jus him givin out his opinion and wut he thinks will happen......but his opinion is definitely an interestin one to hear.....and def. worth talkin about.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm hope the Texans Trade up...I think Sean Taylor would be a great addition...There are no excuses this year...