1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spoiled children: Wake up.....and appreciate what we've had/have.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 21, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so don't dismiss or argue with any criticism even if it's not based on facts or irrelevant?

this I can agree with coach needs to coach

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  2. cmutt

cmutt Member

Disagreeing, debating, and even some arguing is okay, nothing wrong with that.

It's when some people go waaay beyond arguing... or when they just get rude, insulting, and/or obnoxious. There's way to much of that here.

Vivi likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

Again depends on what the other person said if its not based on facts or irrelevant and its simply hate

Theres still alot of LOFs here you should know that

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Being a championship contender is all I want, anything that hurts that when we have Harden in his prime, pisses me off.

DD

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good point. For the record, I became a Rockets fan in 1988 when I moved to Houston. I was in HS. I was relatively new to the NBA. I loved Hakeem and will freely admit at the time took him for granted. Because it was all I ever knew. I look back now and laugh. I didn't understand.

So, I have grown up and watched the Francis/Mobley days. And watched the Aaron Brooks/Lowry/Scola teams. All of those *late lottery picks.*

Those *low ceilings teams?* I remember. And that is why I can appreciate Harden's greatness today. I know his faults. But his greatness is a something to be treasured.

Plowman likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hardens greatness needs to be supplemented with compatible skills to mask his deficiencies and highlight his strengths. The team is doing him a disservice with this roster, and by being cheap, imho.

They are wasting his greatness to fool the masses with a good season, but no real chance in the playoffs.

DD

tycoonchip and Little Bit like this.
  7. cmutt

cmutt Member

While there is certainly some truth in your statement, that the organization bears some responsibility to construct the best team that they can...

What is also true, is that true Superstar players also have a responsibility to work on their games, including ALL aspects of their games, and ESPECIALLY their weaknesses.

They have to maximize both their offensive AND defensive abilities and skills, and they have to minimize their weaknesses by learning from their mistakes and failures... and doing their absolute best NOT to keep repeating those mistakes. In essence, they have to become better thinkers, and better students of the game.

Jordan learned, and he adjusted and improved, and his results became better.
    Hakeem learned, and he too adjusted and improved... and his results became better.

I'm not saying the other role players don't matter... I'm just making the point that both Harden and Westbrook don't seem to have made much improvement in the minimizing of their weaknesses aspect of their games. After 10+ years of playoff losses... they still show far too much poor decision making, they both still commit far too many careless turnovers, they both still seem to not value possessions as much as they should, and they both still show poor shot selection far too often.

And that's not just being critical of them for criticism sake... that's simply a fair and honest assessment of them at this point in their careers.
    As great as they are in many aspects, they do have room for improvement in those areas.
    And in my honest opinion, if they don't improve in those areas... they may never win a championship.

(side note: the coach has a lot of responsibility in all of this too)

8. vlaurelio

LOF, I'm not surprised you put most of the blame on Harden

you lurk all season not a single post in the 8 game winning streak biding your time until the rockets lose and your chance to blame harden

Blurr#7 likes this.
  9. thekad

thekad Member

What we have is an owner sabotaging the team’s chance at a championship in order to save money. It’s hilarious how far the usual suspects will go to carry Tilman’s water.

Jontro, DaDakota and D-rock like this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

.705% wins since D'Antoni has been here.
    "Fans" who have not enjoyed so much winning--plus James Harden--just don't enjoy their own team.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  11. vlaurelio

most of these so called "Fans" are nothin but straight up LOFs

They will never give Harden even the slightest benefit of the doubt because they truly believe Harden ruined Linsanity for them

Os Trigonum and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

6 in a row! Let's go Clint!!!

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. pippsux

pippsux Member

I felt the same way, but even a squirrel finds a nut sometime

HP3 likes this.
  14. GMNot

GMNot Member

Well, I don't often get to read reactions (if any) to my posts, but I followed the after-posts tonight in this thread, as I got online to post in a thread about tonight's Laker game - which I didin't get to watch. It's nice to know that there are other folks who appreciate discussion where emotions don't get out of hand. I've said over the last few years that, after all, it's just a sport and if one is getting overly emotional about losing, then priorities need to be revisited in one's life. ;)

Vivi, Os Trigonum, Easy and 2 others like this.
  15. pass_to_Hakeem

I think with my brain not my heart.. sorry. I will always be rude or die with my Rockets but this team as is.... IS NOT winning a chip!! im not gonna say Dantoni can’t be the coach to take them there , but I do question his substitutions at times. I do question his rotation at times and the Defense Dept is dookie!!! It’s GOD AWFUL!!! They need a player who can guard 2-5’s AND can still knock down a shot

This team HAS NO DEFENSE!!!! NONE!!!!

“As is”.... this team will AGAIN... be 1 and done

16. pass_to_Hakeem

*ride

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This quote needs to be blown up on a poster and posted on every corner of the Toyota Center.
    Landry's is broke. It is obvious he doesn't have the financial means to give us a championship team. Compound that with Morey vs China... well it is going to be a rough one.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I agree. The rockets have a lot of holes but we are still competing beating some top teams (clippers, Nuggets, sixers). Sure we can blame MDA for the Rox shortfalls like the small ball lineup and short rotations. But I contend morey may be the problem since he took the helm in 2007. Multiple draft failures, picks traded or dumped. Constant chasing of superstars (howard, melo in 2013). Analytics yielding a system predicated in two ways of scoring resulting in over reliance on the 3 ball and a dearth of players with other tools such as post or mid range game. Morey is the issue here I’m afraid to say.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We are 8-7 against teams with a winning record. Our 26-15 record is achieved mostly by beating weak teams.

That means we are middle of the pack among good teams. And "good teams" means .500 or better, a pretty low standard. That ain't enough to be a "contender."

20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think our expectations as fans have gotten way higher than they were years ago. Now we expect to go to the WCF at the very least. If that’s not happening then changes need to be made. I understand Harden is one of the best offensive players ever. That’s not enough. We want championships.

BaselineFade likes this.