1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spirit Airlines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulnhbtx, Dec 2, 2014.

1. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Just wanted to let you guys know that I recently used Spirit Airline and no trouble at all. Flight was on time. I was allowed to carry on a big carry on at no charge.

Round trip for two to San Diego for 221.00!

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: SHUT. UP. Seriously?

Wait, I think I have some of their newsletters from registering for Aspen. Checking now...

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I played Russian Roulette once. It's was no trouble at all.
    [​IMG]

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

Did you fly from UH to the toyota center to practice more free throws?

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ DUDE, that's the wrong Paul!

I believe you are looking for PaulWTFK

6. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

I have flown them 5 or so times to FL and Vegas. Once was the plane late an hour or so both coming and going but the other flights were generally on time and as hassle free as the other airlines.

However in August when i went to Vegas the flights were not much cheaper than the other airlines and the times available were horrible.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

They are mad cheap, and as long as you are going for a few days and dont need a big carry on/check in...Spirit is great value.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I flew them once and it was terrible. Both sectors were late by an hour and the lackadaisical attitude of their employees was sorry.

I also can't take an airline seriously with a paint scheme like this:
    [​IMG]

9. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Literally the worst airline in existence.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Flew them between Vegas and Portland this past April. Had zero problems. They were by far the cheapest option for flying coach with five people...and that included carrying on luggage. The key with Spirit is to do your research on how to beat their "fee for everything" system. One of the best money savers I discovered about them...do not buy your tickets online. Buy them at the airport. They have a serious online purchase tax that will add a significant amount to each ticket (in April, I think it was around $75/ticket). If you buy your ticket ahead of time at the airport, they do not charge you that online ticketing fee. And...make sure your carry-on luggage fits their description to a T...or they'll drop a $100 fee for having to check bags in at the gate.

11. SunsRocketsfan

Worst airline ever. You must be under 5'8?
    Cramped seats, dirty cabin, tray table held on by duct tape.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just purchased $100 ROUND TRIP tickets to San Francisco in January. We'll see how it goes.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Expect to take a day to get there and another day to get back. Spirit is up there as one of the ****tiest airlines in the country.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

spirit airlines sucks. the time and frustration isn't worth it to me.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Worst airline I have been on in the US. But have had worse in Europe Asia and South America. So there is that

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Why fly when you can ride?

[​IMG]

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I didn't realize how poor people on Clutchfans were. No one who lives above the poverty line should ever fly Spirit.

18. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Depends on where you go. I actually have had nothing but pleasant experiences with them.

When I lived in San Francisco a few years ago, I'd fly to Vegas all the time for like 60 bucks round trip. If you are traveling to one of their hubs like Vegas or Ft Lauderdale from a nearby city then Spirit is great. Yea the service is non-existent and the seats are small but for a flight of 90 minutes or less its not a huge deal.

I also got real adventurous and flew from LA to Bogota, Colombia summer 2013 for like 230 round trip. That trip was actually seamless too. There was only one stop in Ft. Lauderdale before we went to Colombia.

If you plan your trip when there won't be any weather issues and you have 1 stop or less Spirit is ok.

I would never fly from say LA to NYC through Spirit though. Too much stuff could go wrong.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

My flights are direct, but if the delays are as bad as some say the I'll be worried, especially on my return flight. I'm scheduled to arrive back at about 1 AM in the morning and would be going back to work a 9 AM.

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spirit is terrible. Only fly with United and Virgin America